Menu
chathudilu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Delivery of my new mobile phone

I ordered my new mobile and sim online. Go the tracking number from Yodel. Tracking system says it has arrived at their sorting hub and returned to sender and a note with a star says signature required. Customer service says order is cancelled. But i just got an email that my October bill is ready and my DD payment will be taken on the 26/10 for a phone and a sim I never got. 

0 Kudos
chathudilu
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delivery of my new mobile phone

After chatting with various customer service agents and then calling their sales team on an 0800 number, they say they need to do more security checks. It will take 24-48 hours and they will call me back. What I am not understanding is there was an online security check and a credit check. Then, the promise that it will be delivered next day after passing all the checks and worst of all they have contacted my bank and has set up all the direct debit instructions with the bank, and i have also got my first bill. If the security check is not complete, then they shouldn't send me the order completion email, order is on it's way email, and finally a bill. I wish I had joined this community before ordering as I can see many haven't got their orders. It's nothing to do with Yodel. It's Virgin cancelling their order saying they need to do further security checks which will take 24-48 hours. I saw another person saying he never got the 24-48 hour call. So i doubt they will call me. if they don't I will cancel my direct debit. I do not want to pay for a product and a service that I haven't got. i have been a long standing Virgin Broadband customer..but truly frustrated with this order. At least if they cancelled, they should have had the decency to email me the cancellation, not the monthly bill for the first month. I wouldn't have wasted half a day on getting to the bottom of it. Just hoping they will sort it soon.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi chathudilu

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having issues with your order. Was this done over the phone or online, as you mentioned online security check. Is the bill showing a mobile number? It could be a parked order. Parked orders can occur if the details on the order do not match the details that already exists in the system. For example this can occur if the order was meant to be a gift or delivered to an alternative address. These may require additional checks to be made and could add extra days to processing your order.

If this is not the case for yourself, there are a few things we can do from within the community forums, we can confirm why the order is parked or cancel the park, however we are unable to unpark orders or complete sales transactions ( do credit checks, take payments etc). This would still require being completed sales channels by phone.  I've also sent you a PM to get your account details if you did get a mobile number.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
chathudilu
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Corey 

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it's an online order. Billing address and delivery address is the same and it's not a gift.

Yes, the bill shows a mobile number - which I assume is my new number which I requested

Will PM you the details.

Thanks much

0 Kudos