Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Custermer service horrendous

Today at 15:29 I phoned up virgin mobile customer services,to be greeted with an arrogant,unprofessional,cocky,rude,disrespectful,member of staff,who basically called me a liar,had me distressed,and shaking by the attitude towards me (adding to insult,it flags I am a vulnerable custermer), after 40mins of waiting for a manager with the second advisor I then got cut off,!! NICE (no phone call back even after admitting there had been a mistake on there half)I have been with Virgin media for many years,I’m now looking to leave as my money spends anywhere!What will virgin media do to make me change my mind,to persuade me to stay with them,I’m paying over £70 per month for 2 sim only deals,can virgin recommend a decent service provider. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Custermer service horrendous

can virgin recommend a decent service provider. 

Virgin Media won't but you could choose for yourself: Click on this link, go to page 10

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks friend,I’m actually looking to why they think this behavior is acceptable,it’s caused me further stress and anxiety which I’m supposed to avoid due to my condition 

Also do you know if I’m entitled to the recording of the conversation?

regards. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, you are entitled to all recordings VM have, but I'm hoping the VM forum staff will intervene and get a satisfactory outcome, that is the ideal position because that will be quick and easy (but don't accept an offer of settlement unless you're happy with it, as there's escalation routes discussed below).  If you have to initiate a formal complaint things move more slowly, and if you need to escalate to CISAS it is even slower, but if you persist you should get a reasonable outcome.

Start by searching out Virgin Media's data protection policy.  Within that there's a section on something like "your rights" which includes how to make a Subject Data Access Request.  That is an obligation under GDPR and costs you nothing - as with all formal communications with VM, I recommend writing it out and posting it, as the company are so poor at voice and digital communications.  It will probably be delivered as a vast data dump burned to a CD, and you'll have to go through it.  Armed with that, you then write to the address given in VM's complaint policy, requesting the originally promised compensation, plus a bit more for the hassle they've put you through by not complying with their earlier promises.  I have a dim view of all large ISP's customer service, of their complaints handling, and of their general failure to adapt to the needs of disabled and vulnerable customers.  I wouldn't be surprised if VM's response to the complaint seems unfavourable - if you aren't happy, don't accept any resolution proposed by VM.  If you are offered a resolution that falls short of what you think is reasonable, you can then write another letter (same procedure) challenging VM to meet your requirements for an effective resolution, or to issue a "deadlock letter" that will enable you to immediately escalate the matter to CISAS, the arbitration service.  If you can't get VM to issue a deadlock letter, then you have to wait eight weeks from the date of your complaint being acknowledged before escalating to CISAS.

Customers get a good outcome in the majority of cases taken to CISAS, VM's position is only upheld in a minority of cases.  Any complaint that CISAS take on costs VM money (£150-400 per complaint), even though the service is free for you to use regardless of outcome - but you must comply with the customer guidance that CSIAS provide.  If you're particularly angry, you could additionally report VM to Ofcom for unfair treatment of customers (under Ofcom's "Fairness Framework"), making sure that you highlight that you are a vulnerable customer.  That won't get any immediate action, but it will enable Ofcom to pressure VM to treat customers better.  And if your cases involves any disability on your part and a failure by VM to take account of that, you could additionally report VM to the Equality Advisory Support Service.

All of this (other than the forum staff diving in and sorting it out) is slow and bureaucratic, on the other hand that is often the only way for individual customers to contest monolithic, uncaring corporations

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

thank you so much for all this advise I think I will need it,as I’m not laying down taking this lightly.sorry this is short,I’m just taking nephew to university,but wanted to reply with a thank you 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Virgin Media must be aware of how poorly their customer services is rated- mindblowing that they do nothing about it! The call centre staff in India need retraining.

Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Still shocked the manager has not phoned me or made any attempt to resolve this matter,no apologie,nothing,I need to speak to a vm manager in uk as the ones in India are just not taking this situation serious.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi cjanks44,

Thanks for your post.and welcome to our community.

I am really disappointed to hear we have fallen short of your expectations as a customer here. I would like to apologise for the manner in which you have been dealt with when you've called in to sort out your mobile services, and also that you haven't received a call back from a manager about this. 

I would like to take some of your details so I can investigate this further for you, so I will pop you a private message now. 

I'll speak to you there.

Thank you,

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Still not received a phone call,even after a 2 hour text conversation with another advisor who offered me £5,and to add further confusion,to cover tracks they refunded bill into my bank,and then I had another bill for a larger amount £80+ if I don’t get a PHONE CALL today I’ll be wishing virgin media goodbye as they are disgusting when it comes to customer relations,I can get a sim only deal for £10 with more data.i will be heeding the advise of the person who put the guidelines up on the post and taking this further,with offcom. 

0 Kudos