Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Credit report default

Hi,

I am currently in the process of applying for a mortgage but it turns out I owed Virgin £50 for a sim card that was meant to be free with my package, that I never even used in 2017.  I have missed payment since as I moved house the same year and didn't receive any updates as to the missed payments.  It was only until the end of last month when I was applying for a mortgage and was turned down that the missed payment caused any issues.

I have since paid the £50 default as of the 2nd and I have been accepted for a mortgage under the agreement that I send them proof that the default has been paid.  I have emailed the credit file amendment team on the 2nd when I had cleared the account but have not heard anything since.  We are getting stressed out about it as the house we are buying isn't taken off the market until we have the agreement in principle and it may go in the time we are waiting for virgin to make the amendment.

I was just wondering if there is any more that I can do other than just sitting and waiting.  It is just frustrating that I never even wanted or used the sim in the first place and all this has come from it.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit report default

Hi Furby16,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you

Sorry to hear of the difficulties you've had with your mortgage application.

We would have to advise to wait for a response from credit file amendments team

It usually takes approximately six weeks to make the changes to your credit file

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos