Menu
Zaeem1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Credit file issues

Hello 

I am disgusted with Virgin I purchased a Virgin mobile SIM only in December 2019 l.

I cancelled my sim in January 2020 a customer representative said that is fine and will cancel it. Subsequently I was applying for a mortgage only to find a late payment was recorded 

I rang back in march and was told it was never cancelled I told your customer representative listen to your call logs as I know all calls are recorded. They couldn't do this. I was told by your customer representative that because I have not used the SIM not a single call or text he will waive any charges which was not good enough as I had two late payments recorded.

I had an email of confirmation that I had definitely cancelled it. To my surprise I checked my credit history on Experian it was excellent. I went to apply for mortgage where my advisor use check my file. VIRGIN has been logging every single to date as late payment this is ridiculous and I need this wiped off.

I have sent a letter, email and called in. If I don't get a response I will be taking this further as you have jeopardised my chances of securing the best deal on mortgage. 

My account number is

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit file issues

Hi Zaeem1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. Sorry to hear this has occurred. Please contact the Credit File Amendment Team below.

The contact options are:

• By post at: Consumer Underwriting, Virgin Media, Eagle Court 3, Coventry Road, Sheldon, Birmingham, B26 3RZ
  • Or via Email: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Zaeem1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have already done your steps above and had no luck or a response 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying when did you email the creditfileammendments team?

0 Kudos
Zaeem1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

3 weeks ago

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, It can take up to 28 days. However you can email for an update. 

0 Kudos