Menu
Nickd2
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Credit file amendments

• I got in touch with virgin mobile about a direct debit coming out of my account. They said they couldn't see it on their system and told me to get intouch with my bank, which i did. I received a refund of 189 pounds. 2 weeks later i received a letter saying my vigin account was in arrears so i promptly paid the money back. Now on my credit report is six missed payments on my virgin account which is damaging my possibility of getting a mortgage how do i get this removed from my credit score 
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit file amendments

if you reversed the vaid charges wit your bank then the bank will have put a case against virgin .That means your bills were never paid.

They will have then rightly been reported to the credit agancy. When you paid the balance it will not get removed from the credit report it will only be marked as settled.
0 Kudos
Nickd2
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I understand that but i would never have taken this course of action, i only did so because instructed to by virgin and now i have a damaged credit rating. Which in my opinion isnt right. I phone virgin for guidance and this is what has happened.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nickd2,

Welcome to the Community Forums. Thank you for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear there's been an issue with your Virgin Mobile billing and your credit score has been affected, I can appreciate this must be concerning for you. If you would like to raise a dispute or discuss making any amendments to your credit file, kindly get in touch with our Credit File Amendments team at creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk, they will be able to help you further with this.

If you need anything else or you'd like us to go through your bills with you, just let us know.

Kind regards,

Beth

Nickd2
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

How long does it normally take for a reply. I emailed credit file amendments two weeks ago and still have yet to receive a reply.

Regards 

Nick

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Our apologies Nick. The credit file team can take up to 28 days to respond to any query sent to them. When you did email them you should have had an automated response advising this. If this didn't come into your normal inbox then I'd advise checking your Spam inbox. 

Can I also confirm with regards to the refund, was this for payments to a SIM card or a Handset?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Nickd2
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I believe it might have been for a handset

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information. 

Have you been able to locate the automated email you should have received?

^Martin 

0 Kudos
Nickd2
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No i have not found it so have sent another email

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that. At this point I would advise awaiting a response from the credit file team. 

^Martin

0 Kudos