Menu
kevinakelleher
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Credit file amendment

Hi

I am waiting for a response from Credit File amendments. The short history is this. I ordered 2 SIMS from Virgin back in May on a pay monthly agreement. They never arrived and I expect due to the pandemic it was impossible to get a response from anyone. Ultimately I had ot give up waiting and ordered SIMS from Vodafone which arrived promptly.

Virgin started sending me bills for the SIMS that I hadn't received and took money Via DDM. I tried to contact Virgin with no luck - (call centres not working properly etc..). Eventually I cancelled the DDM for the unreceived SIMS. Obviously the SIMS had not been activated as they hadn't been received.

In the meantime Virgin registered a default against me with the Credit reference agencies because I had stopped paying for the SIMS that I hadn't received (you couldn't make this stuff up honestly!)

After many conversations and live chats Virgin have confirmed that they have wiped the balance from my account and I no longer owe them anything. But I have to contact creditfileamandment@ etc... to get my credit file cleaned. I did htis 10 days ago and have not had any response apart from the standard auto responder (we'll deal with this in 14 days).

From everything I've seen on these forums and other internet chats this will not happen and of course there is not a single human being you can speak to in order to resolve this error.

In the interim I have been trying to obtain a mortgage unsuccessfully because Virgin have registered a default for the money I don't owe them for the SIMS i never received.

I am trapped in a kafkaesque nightmare of Virgins making and all I can do in order to complain is cancel my Virgin Media account in protest. Is there a human person somewhere I can speak to?

It seem that Virgin customer service is the worst I have EVER come across in all my years of doing business (and that's a lot). Surely it is not beyond the wit of man to resolve this for me so that my previously perfect credit score can be repaired? Who can I speak to that actually cares?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit file amendment

sounds correct to me.

You ordered a services.
Never told VM you didn't get the sims and stopped paying.
you still had a service and should of reported the sims missing.

Not sure whats incorrect here. You cancelled a DD and stopped paying a bill for a service you signed up for and never reported a problem with
0 Kudos
kevinakelleher
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like you work for Virgin . LOL

I never received the SIMS so the contract did not commence and I did NOT have a service. You cant have a service if you don't have a SIM. They were never activated as they weren't received I chased Virgin continuously via their chat services and messaging as they weren't answering anything else but there was no response.

I eventually cancelled the DDM as they had been taking money even though they had been told I did not have the SIMS. I could not speak to anyone as they were either not staffing call centres or certainly not answering.

They eventually have accepted this and credited the amount.

Your response is completely pointless and doesn't help me deal with the credit file problem caused by Virgin which was the entire reason I posted.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax_0-1613492869054.png

0 Kudos