cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit agreement - who has them now.

cockneyjohn1951
On our wavelength

I have had no end of trouble since O2 took the mobile phone side, some have been sorted out but the fraud is in the hands of the police.

Anyway O2 keep sending me emails telling me that the credit agreement I took out with Virgin is being read byO2 as an air time account. They cannot understand that a credit agreement is not a mobile air time account. Which beggers the question did Virgin move the credit agreements to O2 or do Virgin still keep them.

Keep getting in touch with O2 but its like flogging a dead horse

Has anyone else had this problem or am just unlucky. 

Cockney_John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi cockneyjohn1951 thanks for getting back to us.

When our airtime agreements switched over to our partners at O2, which is a part of a credit agreement.  Then O2 will now be managing that agreement in regards to your airtime.  We still retain the credit agreement for any handset loans taken out with ourselves.

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

big-luap
Up to speed

Sim only - Was paying £13.99 for 2 sims with virgin.

O2 - Currently still paying the same, but I get £26 loyalty discount to pay £13.99

As you might not be surprised I am being pestered by O2 to change my plan so I will pay full price. Keep telling them to go whistle, or I will move elsewhere.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @cockneyjohn1951 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your credit agreement and we are so sorry for an confusion. Your handset loan is still with Virgin and if it is still active then you can view online using your agreement number and security pin to log in. 

Hi you`ve confirmed that Virgin still have the credit agreements so thanks for that.

Now I know who has the documents I can try and understand why O2 have issued an Airtime contract increase from £13-00 to £14-14. Virgin were the only company who knew about this credit agreement so how comes O2 have the details and managed to switch a fixed term contract into an airtime agreement. I fail to see how they can increase the payment. Once I`ve sorted all this rubbish out I will be moving on. Do you have by an email address I can direct my query to please. Many thanks John

Hi cockneyjohn1951 thanks for getting back to us.

When our airtime agreements switched over to our partners at O2, which is a part of a credit agreement.  Then O2 will now be managing that agreement in regards to your airtime.  We still retain the credit agreement for any handset loans taken out with ourselves.

Regards

Lee_R

Thanks for the reply Lee_R. I took out a seperate airtime agreement for the phone and that is for £7-03. My credit agreement is for a fixed term of £13-00 per month but O2 have assumed this is relates to a so called airtime agreement and want to increase this to £14-14, absolute rubbish. The current credit agreement is a fixed term payment of £13-00 until the phone is paid for. As I have said before trying to get in touch with O2 to try and get it sorted is useless. They keep sending me back to Virgin. Apart from the fact they do not understand what the problem is. I`ve asked this before but do you have an email address I can contact someone at Virgin. Many thanks for your help.

Hello Lee-R 

If the credit agreement is still with Virgin, can I take it they are also collecting the money. O2 have already taken the airtime monthly payment of £7-03, they can`t or won`t be getting it twice - roll on the direct debit and cancellation. 

Hi @cockneyjohn1951 

You will no longer be paying ourselves in relation to any mobile airtime. Since the full moving of your airtime deal to O2.

Regards

Lee

Hi again Lee-R

I am aware that the mobile air time is paid to O2, my question is about the credit agreement and the new phone I purchased back in 2022. Do I still pay this to Virgin under the terms of the original contract or has that credit agreement also been given to O2 to collect the repayments. Sorry I didn`t make it clearer but either Virgin or O2 collect the credit agreement amount of £13-00, it cannot be collected by both - so who is getting the money. 

The company you set up the loan with receive the payment.  We've not passed this on to O2.

Regards

Lee