Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Credit Application Search - Identity Theft

Hi,

I can see from my Credit Report that Virgin Media have performed a 'hard' credit search in my name. This was not me and i've recently suffered identity theft so I believe this is fraudulent and an account may of been setup in my name.

I contacted virgin media via twitter and text chat and both times i've been referred to the regular support lines for broadband or mobile (I have no idea which one applies), even though there are no relevant options for fraud on this lines and all options i've tried have put me on hold.

Any idea how I can speak to someone who can investigate this without being put on hold for ages?

David

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit Application Search - Identity Theft

Thank you for your post and sorry to hear of the experience. 

We would highly suggest you contact the police in regards to this which as you've suffered identity theft you may have already but I would let them know this as well. 

What we can do for you if you'd like us to is private message you and confirm your details to check if there is an account under your information? Although if there are multiple people with your name this may be tricky to fully confirm if they haven't used any other of your details such as address, phone or email. 

Let us know if you'd like us to do so.

Thank you, Emily.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

Thanks for your quick response. My bank who detected the issue have raised with the police and CIFAS etc.

Please do private message me with the details you require. They do have my address so hopefully we can see if there's been an accounts setup

Cheers,

David

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've sent you a private message if you can please respond to this by going to the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Thank you, Emily.