Menu
Pjohn1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Contacting Virgin Media re fraud

I received a letter in August, shortly followed by a letter from debt collection agency, both saying I owed money to Virgin in respect of a mobile contract. This came as a shock as I am not and never have been a customer Virgin Media and do not have a Virgin mobile account. I wrote to Virgin and the debt collection agency stating that I did not have an account and there must be some error. I also suggested the possibility of identity theft, asking if this was the case, that Virgin advise what I should do. My difficulty, apart from the foregoing, is making contact with Virgin. It is impossible. They responded to my initial and subsequent letters, by sending out banal meaningless letters ( undated without contact names of details, containing incorrect statements and waffling about quality of service) directing me to call centres,  messaging services and text lines. All resulted in a lot of wasted time, little help and repeated broken promises that someone would get back to me. In an attempt to get a response from Virgin I did try complaining to the regulator ( CEDR) about  the way Virgin is dealing with me  but they have ruled it is outside their remit as  Virgin states the issue is fraud.

Three months later I still have not had a proper  response from Virgin. I do not know if I am being chased for monies owed, subject of an identity fraud (which has implications for me beyond Virgin) or what is going on. Can anyone advise how I can contact whoever is dealing with this at  Virgin or suggest who else I might contact ( MP, newspaper, other?) I in an attempt to bring the matter to a close.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contacting Virgin Media re fraud

Hi there @Pjohn1

Welcome to our Community and for your first post - I was sorry to understand that there has been some complication with a potential fraud issue. Usually with these cases, we assign them directly to our fraud team to deal with. 

The Fraud team will only contact the impacted party if they require further information from you to deal with the investigation. As you can imagine, we can't discuss the fraud situation with you directly unless we can pass security on the account in question. 

If you have a complaint logged with us, we aim to resolve these complaints within 28 days where possible, again though, we are limited with what we can advise you and wouldn't be able to give any updates into the fraud investigation.

If the Fraud team confirm that it was indeed fraud, the relevant authorities will be notified directly. Any errorounous reports on a credit report would be removed. If you believe you have been a victim of Fraud then we would always advise you report this to the police directly using the Action Fraud website

Hope that helps. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Pjohn1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Katy

Thank you for the response and some explanation of what may be happening in my case. However I note that you do not say that the fraud team will be in touch with me. Virgin appears content to leave hanging despite the fact this impacts on me as well as Virgin. Further, you do not  provide the contact details for the fraud team and neglect to mention responses from the complaints team are unhelpful and incorrect and result in a lot of wasted time for the complainant.

Pjohn1

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update, the fraud team work through forms that are submitted they're not an inbound calls team they will work through them, contact you if they need further information and if fraud is found then they'll correct it. 

In regards to the complaint the team will be in touch on the preferred contact you noted on this.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos