Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Closing loopholes

Is there a way someone can complain about CISAS for not closing loopholes in the complaints procedure against VM, VM stall and lie to customers in an attempt to prevent the customer from complaining so the complaints procedure should be made easier.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Closing loopholes

I can't comment on the statements about "stalling" and "lying", but VM have eight weeks to resolve a formal complaint.  At the end of that time, however they've behaved and whatever the outcome (including no outcome) you can escalate to CISAS if you're not happy.  Once it is at CISAS, then if there's stalling or messing around, CISAS have to sit it out, but that would be taken into account by the adjudicator if they believe it is the case.

In terms of "closing loopholes", that's not CISAS job.  If you have concerns about the process of complaints and arbitration, Ofcom is where you'd go, and they operate so slowly that they still think the dinosaurs are alive, so the chances of Ofcom becoming a consumer champion are nil in our lifetimes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

They've been messing me about since mid September eventually the accepted my Data access request Oct 12th they've told me they posted the deadlock letter Oct 6th but it never arrived should I just wait for another month until they've either sorted things or the time is up.

Thanks for your input

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Given the difficulty of getting in touch with anyone who can help at VM, I'd say wait out the remaining time until eight weeks is up, unless you enjoy the experience of phoning VM.  You could try calling or emailing CISAS and see if they can proceed on the basis that VM have told you they've sent a deadlock letter (bear in mind CISAS are probably all working from home).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As previously advised this is now in deadlock so we can't assist further, you would need to take this to CISAS for a final verdict.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

but I new a deadlock letter and the data access request. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry tenmen,

Can you please advise what you mean?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

apologies for typo.  VM told me I need deadlock letter to proceed with complaint,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello @tenmen

Thanks for popping back - do you have your complaint reference number and I can certainly check your deadlock progress for you? These letters are sent via Royal Mail and in the name of the account holder to the account address. 

I'm afraid I've not been able to locate one from your account information. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I don't I'm afraid, should I have been given one? maybe Emily G could help.

0 Kudos