Menu
Madcow
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Chat leaves me hanging for 45mins whilst he goes for coaching!

Is this acceptable customer service , mid conversation “Lyle” says “ just to let you know that I will be taking my scheduled coaching now and I will not be at my desk for the next 45 minutes. Don't worry, I will pick up this one once I get back. Appreciate the patience.” And then leaves before I can respond. 
How do virgin expect to keep any customers if this is how they are treated? Chat is slow enough to respond as it is - maybe they’re dealing with multiple calls at the same time, I don’t know but you feel like you’re talking to yourself sometimes. Then they tell you that they can’t do all you need, they’ll do part of it but you’ll have to call again to do the second part - arghh. It’s a shame when this is still better than their offshore call centres.

0 Kudos
Madcow
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Chat leaves me hanging for 45mins whilst he goes for coaching!

Correction took him 53mins to return !

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Madcow

It's really disappointing to hear of your recent experience using our chat service, this clearly isn't the level of service or experience we aim to provide.

Can you confirm the reason for contacting the team? Was this via our Live chat or the messaging team so we can feed this back to the team to help improve the service and experience our customers receive.

Rob

0 Kudos
Madcow
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I wanted to upgrade 3 mobile contracts and combine them onto 1 family plan. I gave up as apparently it couldn’t all be done in one go anyway and after all the waiting (chat was over an hour and a half) I was thoroughly frustrated so I am now considering leaving VM for Tesco as their customer service rating is far better. He couldn’t even refer the chat for someone to call me back - a complete waste of time.

0 Kudos
Madcow
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It was over live chat

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Again, really disappointing to hear of the experience we'll be sure to feed this back.

We can't upgrade contracts when taking a handset via the forums I'm afraid, were you looking to upgrade handsets on these contract's or just the tariff's themselves? 

If it was just the tariff you were looking to change I'd be happy to take a look into this for you.

Rob

0 Kudos
Madcow
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It was just the tariff but I think I’ll review my options thanks

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I understand, if you change your mind please get back to us here and we'll be happy to look into this further for you. Alternatively you can call the mobile team on 789 or 0345 600 0789 to assist further.

Rob

0 Kudos