Menu
cje72
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Changing to a new Virgin Mobile SIM-only plan - how?

My current SIM-only contract comes to an end in a few weeks, and I've received 'the letter' outlining this - so far, so good.

I've seen a new VM SIM-only plan that I'd like to move to, and can place it in my basket, but how do I then get that applied to my existing account? What I'd really like to do is order the plan I've seen, then contact somebody and have that plan applied to my account, but that's currently proving impossible as I can't stay on the line for over an hour to speak to an adviser.  (If I log into my mobile account and look at the plans on offer there, the one I'm interested in doesn't appear on the list).

If I complete the purchase online presumably I'll be sent a SIM card, which I then have to change over - do I need to port my number away from VM then back again via the likes of a free PAYG SIM from another network, if I choose this option?

Any help would be appreciated - or do I just have to try and find time to hang on the line?

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing to a new Virgin Mobile SIM-only plan - how?

When I did what you did I ordered it online, a few steps in it asks if I would like a new number or if I want to move an existing virgin number to the tarrif, I chose the second option and it went through just fine

0 Kudos
cje72
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @jb66 - I didn't realise that screen would appear once I logged in to my Virgin Mobile account.

Unfortunately, once I did log in and choose the number that I wanted the new plan to apply to, I was told on the next screen that "Sorry! We checked your home address and our records show that you aren’t an existing Virgin Broadband, TV or home phone customer.  We've refreshed your basket by moving you onto alternative plans and updated your prices and discount accordingly."

Given that I'm an Ultimate Oomph customer that's a bit annoying - back to queuing I guess 😒

Thanks again for trying to help, though.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cje72,

Thanks for using the forums to get this looked into, I am sorry you're having some problems on the website whilst trying to upgrade your SIM tariff. Have you been able to speak to an agent on the phone about your upgrade yet? I won't be able to help directly here on the forums as we can't process new sales/upgrades, but I can offer advice if you need it 🙂

Please let me know how you are.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos