cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Direct Debit Date

TheWeeBear
On our wavelength

I just received my first bill which will ve debited on the 13th January. 

I haven't received my sim yet as it was only ordered yesterday.

I can't  see anywhere in my account to change the date but I believe I may have to wait until the first payment goes through.

Is this correct?

If at all possible I'd like my direct debit changed to the 1st of the month.

Thanks for any help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Adding the mobile info too:

Direct Debits
Can I change my Direct Debit details?

You can change your bank details at any time by logging in to Your Account. Just go to Payments, select Direct Debit and click on Change my Direct Debit.

If you’re a Oomph customer, you need to call us if you want to change your Direct Debit details.

If you’re an Oomph customer (an Oomph customer will have selected the Oomph upgrade when selecting their package. Check your package details in My Virgin Media or on your bill if you’re unsure.), you need to call us if you want to change your Direct Debit details.

If you would like to change the date your Direct Debit leaves your account, please get in touch by heading to our Contact us page and scroll down to our Message us section to send us a message. Just be aware we will only be able to change your Direct Debit date if it is an existing Direct Debit you have with us and if your balance stands at zero.

If you've got a Direct Debit payment due, you'll need to wait until this has been paid to change your Direct Debit details.
M350 over FTTP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

TheWeeBear
On our wavelength

Hi there just joined Virgin Mobile yesterday and received my first bill.

Still waiting on my sim though.

Is it possible to change my direct debit date to the 1st of the month, or do I have to wait till my first payment has been taken.

I can't see anywhere in my account to change it.

Thanks for any help.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Pars
Superfast
This info is linked on the "My Bills" page:

To change your Direct Debit date, text us for free on 0753 305 1809 ** between 7am and 11pm Monday to Friday, 8am and 8pm Saturday to Sunday.

Changing your Direct Debit date will also change the start date of your monthly package. This means the first bill you receive after moving your Direct Debit date may be higher than usual as we'll need to align you to your new billing cycles. Your subsequent bills will return to their normal amount after this.

Just so you know, we can only change your Direct Debit date on your existing bank details and your balance must be cleared before you can change your date. Also, you can only change your Direct Debit date twice in a 12 month period.

Unfortunately, if we've already finalised your bill for this month, you'll have to wait until we've taken this payment before you can change your date.
M350 over FTTP

TheWeeBear
On our wavelength

Hi there just joined Virgin Mobile yesterday and received my first bill.

Still waiting on my sim though.

Is it possible to change my direct debit date to the 1st of the month, or do I have to wait till my first payment has been taken.

I can't see anywhere in my account to change it.

Thanks for any help.

Adding the mobile info too:

Direct Debits
Can I change my Direct Debit details?

You can change your bank details at any time by logging in to Your Account. Just go to Payments, select Direct Debit and click on Change my Direct Debit.

If you’re a Oomph customer, you need to call us if you want to change your Direct Debit details.

If you’re an Oomph customer (an Oomph customer will have selected the Oomph upgrade when selecting their package. Check your package details in My Virgin Media or on your bill if you’re unsure.), you need to call us if you want to change your Direct Debit details.

If you would like to change the date your Direct Debit leaves your account, please get in touch by heading to our Contact us page and scroll down to our Message us section to send us a message. Just be aware we will only be able to change your Direct Debit date if it is an existing Direct Debit you have with us and if your balance stands at zero.

If you've got a Direct Debit payment due, you'll need to wait until this has been paid to change your Direct Debit details.
M350 over FTTP

TheWeeBear
On our wavelength

Thank for your reply Pars.

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @TheWeeBear

Welcome to our Community and thanks for your first post!

Yes - we can look to change your Direct Debit date for your mobile account to one that will better suit you; just get in touch after your first bill has been taken and we'll go from there!

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Thank you Katie, I'll do that after the 15th I think it is.

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Perfect - thanks @TheWeeBear

Happy New Year - stay safe

Katie - Forum Team