Menu
anetto
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Change of name on account

So I need to change the name on my account, as I'm divorced and have now gone back to using my birth name. I've been sent a form to complete to do this, but it asks me to send documentation - "marriage certificate, your civil partnership certificate; or your Deed poll documentation". None of these apply to me. You don't need a deed poll to revert back to the surname on your birth certificate. I've already changed my passport back to my "new" name, but I can't send that. So the question is what do I need to send and how please? 

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change of name on account

Hi @anetto

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Do you not have any documentation regarding the name change back to the former?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
anetto
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Legally no extra documentation is required to use your "maiden name" again. It's still on my birth certificate and still belongs to me. So it's a bit frustrating that the form I've been sent asks for a deed poll or marriage certificate. It's like Virgin have never heard of divorce before!
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information anetto. Have you changed any documentation back to your maiden name? I.e driving license, passport, etc

^Martin 

0 Kudos
anetto
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes Martin I have, I'm sending a copy of my passport with my birth name and hoping for the best!
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that. That should be enough for the team to make the change. 

^Martin

0 Kudos