Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cap

I keep breaking into my capped limit when I have plenty of data mins and texts left and I don't understand,anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cap

Hi, Scuniboi.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your allowances. There would be a lot of factors to consider on reaching the capped limit. You can always check your usages and balance by signing in on your 'Mobile Your Account' online. You can click here to sign up or to log in.

Alternatively, you can also download our ' Virgin Mobile App'. Please click here to know more about the app.

Hope this helps.

^Shay_S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shay,

Thanks for your reply,the problem is I always have plenty of texts data and minutes when I notice I've gone into my cap,I thought you only went into your cap if you ran out of your allowance for the month?i never run out yet still seem to dip into it.

Thanks in advance Carl 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Any chance you could be calling numbers not included in your allowance, or sending a MMS ect.

You do need to log into your online account and goto view recent usage, it will show the charges and what they were for.

For older bills, you can also view them in your online account and see what you have been charged for.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@teabag I appreciate you talking time to address our member's query

Hi Scuniboi,

Thanks for getting back. I appreciate all the details you've provided.

To clarify, when you say you keep on breaking your cap limit, does it allow you to still use your phone for all your outgoing transactions or is it on hold?

Let us know so we can assist your further.

Thanks,

Raine_G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So what I've noticed is that this the second time I've got slightly in to my cap,my cap is 5 pound I've only gone about 20 pence into it,but I've got plenty of data plenty of texts and minutes,I'm still fine using my phone for everything,I'm just wondering why when I have plenty of allowance left it breaks into my cap,I don't ring any numbers I have to pay for and I don't send MMS messages as I have apps like WhatsApp,I'd just like to know why it goes into the cap?

Thanks Carl 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No idea what the 20p odd charge could be?, looking through the bill would only answer that one.

If you prefer, you can have your cap set as "use allowances only" so you can never go over plan price. You can set that yourself in your online account or ring 789 and request they set it for you - just remember that it would not start untill your next refresh date.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time to help me mate much appreciated 

Thanks Carl 

0 Kudos