Menu
scott011
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cannot create virgin mobile account

I am a new customer. Just received my SIM and pack. Phone is working (hurrah), so now trying to register for a virgin mobile account so I can transfer my old mobile number. I am using the 'Register Now' dialogue on the 'Your account' login page.

According to the online guide, when I enter my new virgin mobile number and press 'continue', I should be sent a code on my mobile, which I will be prompted to enter on the next screen.

But it doesn't. No message arrives on the mobile. Instead the registration dialogue jumps straight to an 'account verification'  security question and asks me to input an answer. Obviously I haven't got the answer, as the account isn't set up yet. I get a warning message telling me to call customer support on 789 for a reset. I call 789 and the recorded message says call centres are closed.....

Lousy first impression of Virgin so far ! Does anyone know a way out of this loop ??

0 Kudos
allanharley
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot create virgin mobile account

I have exactly the same issue - this appears to have been a problem since 2015 !!!

I've been on hold for 30 mins and waiting for on-line chat response for 45.

A terrible introduction to Virgin Mobile, given as in 5 years this has not been sorted....

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot create virgin mobile account

Hi scott011, thanks for getting in touch - sorry for the delay getting back to you.

I'm also sorry for the problem you'e encountered when trying to register online - and you too @allanharley.

In case this is something you still need help with I'll get in touch via PM and hope to hear back from you both soon.

Tom 

0 Kudos