Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling rolling 30 day Mobile contract

I have just tried to cancel a 30 day rolling mobile contract I have on a phone for my daughter, who has now taken out her own contract. I am a little disappointed it couldn’t be done there and then considering I selected all the relevant options to get me through to what I thought was the correct department only to be met with an agent who was only concerned with trying to retain my custom and who then said he would have to put me through to the retentions team who are unfortunately closed. I am not sure why he couldn’t cancel himself. I am now awaiting a phone call tomorrow from the same agent, however I have learned from experience that these callbacks never happen plus if the same person is calling me why couldn’t they help at first point? Or is this a delaying tactic to stop people cancelling?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling rolling 30 day Mobile contract

Does she want to keep her number Or use the new one? As she has a new supplier all this can be done by text.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-how-do-i-cancel-my-contract

Done it myself with no problems 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No she is having a brand new number

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just request STAC code from Virgin by text, pass that onto new supplier - the Virgin SIM would then be cancelled next working day - but still retain new number with the new supplier.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

thanks but for some reason she wants a new number! So I just need to cancel this contract completely. Is there anybody who can take this request forward on this community because as expected the phone call hasn't been received at the time it was supposed to have!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @scottygees

As one of our users @teabag advised above, if you request a STAC via text message, you can then give this to the new provider. This will then cancel the account with us and NOT take the number with you 🙂 

You can find more information on how to do this via our helpful website here

Hope that helps. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok, thanks I’ll do that then. Still doesn’t excuse the fact I didn’t get the promised callback or was told to request a STAC by the telephony agent. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

We appreciate the feedback Scottygees, do let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I am still getting billed after the STAC code was applied by the new provider. Can you help?

Regards

scott