Menu
LiamB97
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling current SIM

Hello, I have been using my Virgin SIM for around a year now and am needing to cancel it as a new phone I received for Christmas is locked to another network. My problem is that I don't believe I ever set up an account with this SIM and the SIM will now not fit into my old phone since my new phone needed it to be smaller so I popped it out to make the SIM smaller. I tried calling the customer service line but I couldn't answer the vast majority of security questions as I don't have an account or my original booklet the SIM came with. Im really not sure on how to prove that i am the account holder or how to cancel my contract.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Liam

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling current SIM

Hi LiamB97,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for getting in touch. I'm sorry that you've been having trouble cancelling your SIM with us.

Whether or not you have set up an online account, you would still have an internal account consisting of all your personal and billing details. You should have set up a password/memorable word for this when you placed the original order for your SIM, but account holders can also be asked secondary security questions if you're unsure. Any secondary security would be linked to the usage/subscription itself and your bills, as this is information which the account holder should have access to.

There are a couple of different options for cancelling your service with us, depending on your plans moving forwards. If you're able to clear security, you should be able to book a simple disconnection with 30 days' notice by giving us a call. If you're switching provider as you've suggested, you can also use a PAC or STAC to switch out. There's plenty of information about these two codes on our dedicated switching site. Please bear in mind that the "Request your STAC" section includes the term PAC where it should say STAC, I have reported this to be corrected.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos