Menu
Mamasha
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling Sim only monthly

Hello!

can anybody help me: I have two sim only monthly payment contracts. I am currently abroad, paying for over six month for both of them. I really have to cancel one of them. I requested STAC ages ago, but it didn’t help, I am still being charged for two sims:( 

How can I get rid of one sim contract without calling VM (from where I am it will be too expensive)??

there must be some way to do that... thanks!!

maria 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling Sim only monthly

Hi there @Mamasha

Welcome back to our Community, thanks so much for your post; sorry that you're having some issues cancelling one of your mobile contracts with us. When you have multiple SIMs or contracts on one account, you would need to request the STAC either via your online account or by calling us. I have provided a link below with all the options and instructions for you. 

It will also outline information about any possible Early Disconnection Fee's if you are still in contract. 

Cancel Mobile Account

If you need to call us to complete the disconnection, you can call us on +447953967967 which is our dedicated number for when outside of the UK

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mamasha
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie_WT,

thanks for your reply!

I have requested STAC again, the new one is 786656VRG.

What should I do now? (Last time I received a STAC, it simply expired after a month time and I kept on being charged for the SIM I didn't want any longer).

Thanks,

Maria

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In order to complete the cancellation via STAC, you need to give the STAC to your new provider. Once they have this, it will terminate your service with us and we'll stop charging you 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mamasha
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What should I do if there is no new provider? I just don't need it any longer.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Mamasha

If you have no provider to action the STAC, you will need to call us so we can complete the process 🙂 

If you need to call us to complete the disconnection, you can call us on +447953967967 which is our dedicated number for when outside of the UK

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Mamasha
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately, at a rate of £2.60/minute a 5-10 minute call would cost me £13-£26 (to go through all the security check, explanations etc.:(..)

Is there really no way to cancel my VM sim only contract online? It would really help me a lot

Thanks,

Maria

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Mamasha,

You can find all of the details that you need regarding the cancellation of a Virgin Mobile account here.

You can also find all of our contact information here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Mamasha
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Dear Zach,

thank you for you reply.

I have requested a STAC (786656VRG) already as I mentioned earlier intros tread. I am not switching a provider, I just need to cancel my contract. How can VM help me do that without making me call at a high rate?

We are in the 21st century, everything can be done online nowadays.  Surely, there is a way VM can cancel a SIM contract without an old fashion call??

Regards,

Maria

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Mamasha,

The first link provides detailed information on cancellation, including if you don't intend to switch provider and just end the service.

The second link offers all of the ways that you can reach the team, including calling and live chat. Unfortunately we're unable to process this from here for you. Sorry.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos