cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled contract still receiving bills

2badmice
On our wavelength

I renewed my Internet package this year after taking out the mobile contract the previous.  I asked the guy to cancel down the mobile as it hasn't been used, however, I am still receiving bills for it.

Although there isn't a cost involved, I have no use for it.

Is there no longer a live chat option, I have tried to find a link for it on the main site and no results come up?

11 REPLIES 11

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are on an Oomph package were the SIM is free then if that sim is cancelled  you come off Oomph and any benefits.

Equivalent package may end up costing you more.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

I would advise that the advice given by @enlli is correct

It may also be worth keeping the SIM card active and using this as a backup during any faults you may experience with your broadband services.

It may be handy to utilise as a mobile hot spot if you're in dire need of access to online services during an outage for example

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

2badmice
On our wavelength

No, I am not on an Oomph package, I just pay for the landline (unused in 7 years) and the Internet.  Last years renewal offered a free SIM as part of the deal.  When I renewed I asked about removing it as it was unused.   The call handler confirmed it would be closed and removed and was not advised it would affect any pricing.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If they put you on a Breadband deal that included a free SIM then if is an Oomph package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

2badmice
On our wavelength
Coincidently I have on Friday received an email to tell me

Hello 2badmice,

We’ve been doing some checks and spotted you’re not subscribed to an Oomph bundle which means you’re not eligible for an Oomph SIM. We’ve now made some changes to sort this for you.
What’s changing?
In 30 days your mobile plan will become deactivated, after this date you will no longer be able to use your Virgin Mobile services. Up until this date you will still be able to switch out your number. You can find out how to switch out here.

If you've any questions about this change or don’t think it should have happened, please give us a call on 0345 454 1111*. For help and support, just head here.
Kind regards,
The Virgin Media team

2badmice
On our wavelength
Furthermore, I hope there are no changes to the monthly premium

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for keeping us posted 2badmice. I can only assume that you were on a separate offer with SIM included that's no longer available - hence the email notifying you of the changes.

I wouldn't expect there to be any changes to your package cost due to this - however it will do no harm to check and make sure for you, I'll get in touch via PM so we can discuss your account details.

Tom 

2badmice
On our wavelength

So just to let you know since this query took place, I am still getting regular bills, nothing has changed and today to prompt me to contact, I have an email saying my SIM card is on the way?

What SIM card, I have not ordered one?

I've tried to navigate the main site and support is nigh on impossible to obtain, and I was under the impression there was live chat.  Not existant.

I have also tweeted and heard nothing back,

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi 2badmice, 

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues with this.

I'll pop you over a private message to grab a few details and we can go from there. 

Speak soon, 

Nat