Menu
Nicolou87
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled Contract

Hi all, I joined Virgin as a brand new customer last month but was terribly missold the contract (she’d started it 3 weeks earlier than we wanted and didn’t mention the double month upfront charge which is £59.99) so I cancelled it within the 14 days as I hadn’t used it, hadn’t plugged anything in and hadn’t even turned the router on. I cancelled the Direct debit too so they wouldn’t charge me.

I then got a phone call a few days later from Virgin to say sorry for the mis-selling of the contract and to offer a cheaper one. All good so I accepted. I’ve checked on my account and the cancelled bill for £59.99 is still there and is due to be paid in 3 days even though I never used it and cancelled the contract? I can’t face trying to get in touch as it took me days and days. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled Contract

did it go though as cancelled and a new contract or did they just change the contract you had
0 Kudos
Nicolou87
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I’ve just checked online and it looks like they changed the old contract rather than make me sign a new one.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

if that's the case the first month wouls still be paid as you never cancelled in the 14 days
0 Kudos