Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancel my mobile contract from abroad.

Hi,

I am working abroad and want to cancel my contract. I have sent emails out notifying of cancellation and cancelled my Direct Debit over a month ago. Now I am getting emails saying I have not paid my bill - how can Virgin email me but provide no email to cancel???

I do not have the ability to cancel via mobile or by post. How can I ensure that Virgin know I have cancelled?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel my mobile contract from abroad.

To my knowledge Virgin do not do cancellation by email. Usually it is by phone or letter.

Looks like it is still live and in cancelling your DD you risk your credit score.

I'll ask the team to speak to you on here

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tommytp, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue answered, I'll be more than happy to help.

Can I ask if this mobile contract is just for a SIM only tariff or is it a Freestyle loan agreement? (handset contract)

If you are still in contract there may be a Buyout Fee for the contract once you cancel, but let me know what product you have and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

It is a pay monthly contract. I am definitely out of the term limit as I have had this contract for at least six or seven years. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tommytp, 

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, so we can't cancel anything via Email, however the good news is I can take a look for you over a PM as its not an FCA loan agreement 🙂

I'll send one to you now so we can get this sorted.

Speak soon,

Megan_L

0 Kudos