Menu
sadams1980
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Cancel contract without switching

Hello,

A bit confused.

My contract has ended on my mobile and I have already moved to a different provider, so need to just cancel my phone contract, without a STAC or PAC. I am currently paying about £1.07 a month for it freestyle I think.

How do I go about just canceling my phone contact?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel contract without switching

call in and give notice to cancel
0 Kudos
sadams1980
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, is there a specific phone number to call?
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

its the normal CS number
0 Kudos
ashpole
Up to speed
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

You could use a VM STAC, submit it to your new provider - it won’t change anything with them but will cancel your contract with VM. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

did you even read the topic? "without switching"
0 Kudos
ashpole
Up to speed
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

No need to be rude. Which part of using a STAC is switching?

One of the main reasons the facility for requesting a STAC (and PAC) via text and submitting to your new or any provider was introduced was to save people having to spend time on CS lines trying to cancel a contract.

Often, those people would be subject to pressure in an attempt to persuade the customer to remain with them. Many people avoid talking to CS for this very reason. It is simply submitted and the old contract is cancelled, unlike a PAC which transfers your number too - but I guess you know that.

I'm not sure if the OP was aware of this simple way to cancel an old contract and was trying to be helpful.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

you have to give the stac code to a new provider to cancel the contract. until its used by a new provider is will not cancel.

A STAC is a code that lets you move from one mobile network to another – and get a new number. It should contain six numbers, followed by three letters, like this – 123456ABC. You need a STAC to cancel your contract with your current mobile provider, and get a new mobile number from your new one.
0 Kudos
ashpole
Up to speed
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

A useful piece of copy and pasted text. But you do know a STAC does not trigger yet another new number with you new provider, it only closes the old contract? The “new” number referred to is the “new” number that came attached to the “new” SIM from your “new” provider. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

stac only cancel the contract when requested by the new provider, If you are not getting anther service with a new provider there is no way to use a stac code
0 Kudos