cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login + direct debit expired?

iacchi
Joining in

Hello,

I'm a Virgin customer with both broadband and mobile (Oomph package within the broadband one). I just received an sms from Virgin stating:

The Direct Debit for your Oomph mobile has been inactive for a while, and has expired. To reinstate it, head to virginmobile.co.uk/youraccount

I'm not quite sure what to do with it (keep in mind that I pay the mobile together with the broadband in the same bill) and I want to make sure that my number/sim doesn't get deactivated.

I've tried to login to my virgin mobile account (I'm 100% sure that in the past I could login to both virgin media and virgin mobile websites) but it doesn't recognise my password. I've tried then to reset the password using the forgot password page, but it doesn't even recognise my email/mobile number combination.

What should I do? and most importantly: should I get worried that my mobile account will get deactivated?

8 REPLIES 8

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @iacchi,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're struggling to get your Direct Debit activated, and to also access your Virgin Mobile online account. Have you tried registering for one to see what it says? It's possible that you might not have set one up as they're not created automatically, and would be separate to your Virgin Media online account.

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Dear @Zach_R,

thank you for your reply. Just to make it more clear: I've been a Virgin customer for 2 years now, and I've set up direct debit since the start in 2020. A single bill pays both my broadband and mobile, as they're all one package. Furthermore, in the past I created an account for both the broadband and mobile parts of the Virgin website, and I could access both. Now I can still access the broadband part, but not the mobile anymore. I have tried to create a new account as per your suggestion and in the password creation stage it didn't let me enter the password I was using before (although it fulfilled all password requirements), which makes me think there was some unclear state in your database. Anyway, I have created a new password and logged in in my account. In my account there's written that the bill is always 0 (as it should be), and that my payments are taken from the broadband bill. So, I'm a bit unsure what to do: do I still setup a direct debit although the amount is always 0? Do I disregard the message I received by sms? What do I do? I never received such a message in the previous 2 years.

From what you have advised it sounds as though you are on an Oomph package for your Virgin Media and Mobile services. This, like you have stated, means that the SIM card tariff is free as part of your media package. As it is only the tariff that is free and no restrictions are set on your usage it is possible that additional charges may be applied. These could be:

• Calls to 09 number
  • Calls to 08 numbers not covered in your tariff
  • If you have a data allowance (barring unlimited) and exceed the data charges may be applied
  • Roaming charges for using the SIM outside of the UK

These are to name but just a few of the possible charges outside of your tariff, we ask for a Direct Debit to be active so if any charges are applicable we can request these via these details. We will always provide you with a bill each month (if no charges are applicable it will obviously be £0 as agreed) prior to requesting any funds from your account.

In regards to this Direct Debit, if you need one to be set up let us know and we can do this for you via a Private Message.

Rob

I see. So, the way I understand it, is that a direct devit was set up on the mobile account at the time the direct debit for the broadband has also been set up. However, since for 2 years now the mobile bill has always been 0, Virgin decided to let let the direct debit expire and cancel it. My question is: can I safely leave it cancelled, without risking my mobile contract being terminated? If so, I will leave things are they are, and only set it up again if I need it. Otherwise, I'll start the process to reactivate it, although it's a bit annoying that Virgin decided to cancel it of their own accord.

Hi iacchi, thanks for getting back to us.

As per our terms and conditions, the mobile account does always require an active direct debit, to cover any eventualities.  Also we would want ensure the SIM did not get suspended.  I would recommend making sure your direct debit is reinstated.  I could help you with this.  I am going to send you a private message. 

Regards

Lee_R 

Hi iacchi

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

yes, I'm satisfied with the answers received, thank you!

That's fantastic iacchi.

Please do keep your community account.  As previously advised our fantastic community may be able to help with any technical issues that you may have in the future.

Regards

Lee_R