cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t log into new account after moving

Alex413vw
Joining in

I’ve recently moved house and it coincided with getting a new deal with VM. I now have a new contract with a new account number etc. When I try to log in, it just goes back to my old account. I have tried registering my new account but says we have found you with this email address; I have also tried registering with a new email and it just circles back to the same message. I have talked to VM 3 times about this and I’m not convinced they’re doing anything about it. It’s been almost a week since my first conversation with them and I’ve heard nothing, not even an email to confirm it was being looked into. I talked to them earlier again today using online chat but again was not convinced they were actually doing anything given that they didn’t read any of the notes on the system and I had to repeat a lot of info. I asked them to turn off the child safe setting on the account, and they said they had but it hasn’t worked and that was about 4hrs ago. Any suggestions on how I can get this all sorted out? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Alex413vw, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

Apologies to hear that since moving home, you've not been able to access your My VIrgin Media. When you move, you get a new account so therefore My VM needs to be re done. As the email address is already connected to your old address however, we would need to complete a move and transfer. 

To do this, I will need to clarify a few details with you so I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Cybertwit
Joining in

I have the same issue (although I’m still at my old address for a few days yet).

My bigger problem is they are sending me new equioment for arrival on Saturday but our move date has been postponed for at least 2 weeks, but they tell me I can track my order … & they give me a link. Only thing is it logs me into my old account so I can’t track the order!! 

any suggestions as to how I can track my order so I can try to intercept it?

thanks

Hi @Cybertwit 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the issues that you are having with your account and equipment, your old account will be displayed upon log in as with every move a new account number will be generated, which will be available to register a new online account to view. With your equipment, we would need to bring you in for a private message so that we can look deeper into this once we obtain some information from you.

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina