cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t access iPad because virgin phone number no longer available

Anonymous
Not applicable

Inherited an iPad and a phone when a relative died. Now trying to set up a new iCloud account on the totally cleared iPad but can’t because part of the 2 step security process was via the virgin phone number  which is out of contract because the holder died. How can I activate the phone in order to get access to iCloud?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'd advise speaking to Apple on this one and they'll be able to advise further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear about this. Which step are you getting stuck on exactly? There's a step-by-step guide on the Apple website which explains how to set up/create a new Apple ID which is what would be used for iCloud.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and thank you for the rapid reply. The problem is that I’ve inherited the iPad and the phone but when I try to access iCloud via a 2 step route, a verification code is sent to the phone which no longer receive messages. Have tried all I can think of to no avail and hoped someone like yourself could help me out.

I'd advise speaking to Apple on this one and they'll be able to advise further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

I still have the phone and although i will take the advise to contact Apple, I am still wondering if there is any was that I can get the phone up and running to cancel  the old cloud account.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys, Apple did the trick.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update @Anonymous. 

I'm glad to hear this is now resolved 🙂 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide