Menu
heleneyre2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband bill has doubled. Still in my 12 month contract

Hi

I am.still in my 12 month contract and have just received a bill that has more than doubled !!     Anyone know why?   My deal ends 9.6.21

• Not happy 
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband bill has doubled. Still in my 12 month contract

Hello

Your bills are paid one month in advance, you will have already paid the bill for the last month of your contract the bill that is now shown will be for the first month after your contract ends then you will be placed on a 30 rolling contract. If you check the bills you should see the period the bill is for.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Time to phone and renegotiate then.  But before phoning and just doing the "want-discount-or-me-leave" routine, do your homework.  The agents are trained and incentivised to handle end of contract and cancellation calls to minimise losses AND to minimise discounts.  Each retention agent will field something around 30-40 calls every single day, some inbound calls are just cancelling, but about twice as many are pushing for a discount, and many of those are saying they'll leave, but have done no preparation, have no intention of leaving  An experienced agent can spot these people a mile off.   If you're not prepared, or not polite then you're looking at no discount, or a paltry couple of quid a month.  And phone early in the morning - later in the day staff are likely getting a bit bored and jaded, or tired and hungry.  Try and build a bit of engagement, eg after the call has been picked up and the agent has greeted you, respond "Morning to you Marcus, is that a sultry Swansea/Glasgow/Durham accent I detect?", speak with a smile on your face (it does help) all that type of stuff. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi heleneyre2, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to see your billing has doubled. Based on what you have said, if the minimum term ends in June then your bill for May would reflect the loss of the promotional discount. We would of sent an end of contract notification a few weeks ago to let you know. 

We'll always try to see if there are any new discounts or promotional offers you can benefit from as an existing customer on your current services but sometimes, to get the cheaper deal, it would mean changing part of your package or downgrading part of it to make the price lower. 

Speak to the team on 0345 454 1111 option 1, 4 then 4 again so they can talk through your options with you.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos