Menu
gadzuki
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Been Left Hanging

Hi guys I'm one of the people that has not had any phone service for a long time and who has had to resort to using a pay-as-you-go mobile. 

Virgin did send me out another SIM but it did not activate and I don't have a landline or the money to burn to call the call centre. 

My other posts have been removed by the moderator because I put some personal information which was the phone number I would like to be contacted on. Despite removing my posts and having texted the number provided by virgin no one has actually contacted me to help me.

It's like this Virgin, Im not going to bite your heads off, I just want to get on the road to recovery.

But if you don't do something to help me immediately, I'm going to raleigh all these people that you left hanging on changeover using social media and I will make sure that their voices are heard by the ombudsman.

In order to contact me you could have always use my email address or you can look at the previous posts that have posted and call me on my pay as you go phone.

I'm a very patient man and I shouldn't be placed in a position where I have to be anything other than nice.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Been Left Hanging

0 Kudos
gadzuki
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This issue has now been resolved.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gadzuki,

Thanks for your update on this issue, I am sorry if it took some time to get this resolved, but I am glad it has now been fixed!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with by making a new post.

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
gadzuki
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Problem, No Mobile Data

Screenshot_20201202-224706.png

hi having an issue activating my mobile data post new 4G sims. My 3G sim had great mobile data coverage. I have been in touch with the faults team but I still don't seem to be getting anywhere. As I have a non standard 1 yr old high end phone (3g sim worked well in it)....the phone is a Black view bv9600.

I've been given the standard Android settings, but I just want to know if I've inserted them correctly or if there is something that I am missing ?

Everything else including MMS works fine

I have rebooted, tried removing sim card too. I have screen shotted a picture of my my APN settings if anyone has any suggestions I would like to know as having mobile data is critical to my job.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem, No Mobile Data

Hi there @gadzuki

Welcome back to our Forums. 

From the screenshot you have posted, I can see that you currently have a 3G signal so your data connection seems to be working ok. If your SIM was inserted incorrectly, you wouldn't have anything at all showing. 

You just may not have a strong enough 4G signal in your area (or home?) to connect to the 4G signal currently.

Can you advise the exact make and model of the handset - we've not been able to locate that device when searching the database. Is it a 4G Compatible device? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
gadzuki
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie thank you for getting in touch the below no copy and paste has the answer to your question within it.

The Blackview BV9600 PRO Dual SIM TD-LTE supports 4 GSM bands, 7 UMTS bands, 17 LTE bands, and 2 CDMA bands.

When I spoke to the false team it was suggested that I installed the universal mobile data android settings and so the screenshot that I included in my post was my attempt at doing that. 

If you can see where I've gone wrong or if you need any more information from me that's fine. I have received a 4G signal using this SIM and the phone that I'm using is 4G compatible and my mobile data works fine with my previous 3 G sim in this handset.

Thank you for your help it is very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay in replying. 

Before we do any further checks via personal message can you just let me know if your SIM is PAYG or Pay Monthly? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
gadzuki
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes certainly Emma, I am a pay monthly customer.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey @gadzuki,

Thanks for confirming that, we can get this looked into further for you, if you haven't been able to get this sorted since your last post.

Please respond to my private message and we can get this looked into further for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos