cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Trade In offers - no code recieved yet

samyuk
Tuning in

Hi,

I purchased an iPhone 11 for my daughter as an upgrade while there was a trade in offer listed on https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/mobile/upgrade

"Get an extra £185 cashback when you trade in your old phone: Purchase an iPhone 11 device between 01.08.22 to 15.09.22 and receive £185 cashback in addition to your Trade In value. Trade In value amount quoted depends on the make, model and condition of phone traded in and will be paid via BACS transfer to your account. For full terms and conditions see www.virginmedia.com/shop/mobile/trade-in."

I believe I should be recieving an email with a promotional code to enter into the trade in valuation screen.

Does any know how long it takes for this email to be sent?  The upgrade was purchased 8 days ago.

Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @samyuk,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received any further communication since your Trade In. Once your phone has been returned, and your new device has been delivered, you'll receive a text message approximately 21 days after receiving the new handset. This will contain your redemption code, and instructions on how to redeem the cashback offer.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece,

Thanks for the response.

There appears to be conflicting advice on how to redeem this cashback offer.

When submitting an old device on the tradein link ( https://virginmediatradein.likewize.com/ ) .  After identifying the old device, there is an input to enter a promotion code.... but this is part of the trade in process.

Looking at other posts on the forum - some folks have been advised to trade in their old phones before they got a promotional code.  Then there is no way to redeem the code as they have already sent in and been paid recycle rates.

Can you confirm what the contents of the instructions on how to redeem the cashback offer looks like?  If its along the lines of enter it on the trade in valuation page, then theres a catch 22 situation because I would have already sent the device and recieved a non promotion trade-in amount for it already.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @samyuk

Thank you for your reply and good evening.

The promo code can take 30 days to come through from the date the handset has been received, if you've still not received this after 30 days please do contact us and we'll be sure to investigate this further.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Travis_M

30 days have elapsed and no sign of code.

As noted in thread https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Missing-Apple-cashback/m-p/5157872 - the longer this takes - the lower the trade in value of my old phone.   Please could you investigate and get the code sent out soon. 

I see nothing in the description of the offer or the terms and conditions that mentions waiting 30+ days for code to get extra £185 on top of trade in value - I assume that neither VM or Likewize/Brigtstar will be interested in recompensing those whose devices have depreciated further while we wait for code to be able to use the offer?

"Get an extra £185 cashback when you trade in your old phone: Purchase an iPhone 11 device between 01.08.22 to 15.09.22 and receive £185 cashback in addition to your Trade In value. Trade In value amount quoted depends on the make, model and condition of phone traded in and will be paid via BACS transfer to your account. For full terms and conditions see www.virginmedia.com/shop/mobile/trade-in."

Thanks,

Sam

Hi samyuk, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

We're sorry to hear that you still haven't received the code. 

I'd like to get a complaint raised up to our team so they can help you further with this but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi,

Its been over a week with no update and still no code recieved yet.

Any recommendations on what the next step to get this resolved would be?

Sam

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there samyuk,

Apologies for the delays, from checking I can see that you are in a PM with our team.

To avoid confusion we'll allow messages to carry on there.

Take care,

Kain

I have not had recent responses in PM, I believe a complaint was raised but then I got a letter through the post about closing a complaint case with no details on what the complaint was or what is being done.

Unfortunately I do not have time or desire to spend hours on the phone or chat to chase this.

It’s a simple problem - and I just need the relevant team to issue a promo code.  Please can someone escalate or provide contact details of the team I need to speak to - to avoid getting the runaround that others have experienced.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @samyuk

Thanks for your response

I can see you're currently in private message with my colleague and they'll be back in touch shortly 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team