Menu
Rawhide_VM
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Anyone I can speak to before I resort cancel my mobile contract - problems updating direct debit

I have been trying without sucess since November to update direct debit for payment. Have phoned customer service mutiple times to give new bank details, agent takes the new DD details then some days later service is cut off as old DD no longer active. Phoned to give DD again, service restored for a while then cut off again. Have provided new DD details several times now and getting fed up 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anyone I can speak to before I resort cancel my mobile contract - problems updating direct debit

Good Morning Rawhide_VM

Thanks for your post and I'm terribly sorry to see you've been having issues with the direct debit for your Mobile services.

Can you please advise me if you've been able to speak to your bank in regards to this matter?

We wouldn't seek to cancel the direct debit for you as we require this to be active for the services to remain active. Can you tell me if you've been able to try an alternative bank account to see if this services remain active?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Rawhide_VM
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anyone I can speak to before I resort cancel my mobile contract - problems updating direct debit

Hi David_Bn

Thank you for picking up this matter.
The saga began in November when the bank account to which the DD drew from was notified to VM as being due to be closed very soon by myself for personal reasons, and I provided a new different bank account details. 

Subsequently I was given a revised payment date for the new bank account, and I closed the old bank account. 

On three ocassions since when my phone service has been cut-off I have re-provided the new different bank account details yet the Customer services representative says it is not recognised, they can only see the old account details - despite me providing new account details several times.

I checked with the new bank, no request has been recieved by Virgin Mobile to set up the new direct debit

Despite being a Virgin Mobile customer for many years I am now very close to terminating my phone service  and transferring the number to another supplier. This is due to the issue which has been ongoing for many weeks and the unhelpful attitude of Customer services agents who say they will phone me back then dont, or are unable to provide basic information such as what was discussed in the last several calls, citing I dont have access to that information.

If you are able to provide a number where I can speak to a retentions team member located in the UK, I will gladly follow up. Otherwise it will be easier for me to switch supplier

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response Rawhide_VM

Let me take a closer look into this for you. Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos