Menu
Azharbhuiyan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Amend my credit file

Amend my credit file

Virgin Media made a false credit report to Equifax. I have contacted virgin media customer care and I asked them to send me some proof and details about the account they reported. Unfortunately, they did not provide any details they only asking for money. Also on the report, it shows my account Opened on 3 March 2014 at 5 Herongate Road, London, E12 5EJ. But In 2014 I wasn't live at that address. At that time I was living at a different address and I think virgin media messed up my account with another person's name. You have caused no end of stress due to incompetence from your company being able to update my credit file with the credit reference agencies. An account that went into default due to you breaking your contract with me. Causing me to have a poor credit rating month after month because your team could not do its job. Your customer service team are useless because your hidden company policy told them to take money from peoples pocket. I called them in September they said they will investigate and let me know. Unfortunately still haven't heard anything yet. Your credit file amendment team also unprofessional and mannerless. I have emailed to ''consumerunderwritingservices@virginmedia.co.uk'' them on 22 September 2020 still I haven't heard anything.

This matter needs resolving ASAP as it has gone on far too long.
I demand to remove and closed the file or I will take legal action.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amend my credit file

Thanks for the post Azharbhuiyan and welcome to our community.

The team will be working through emails and will amend if they deem it needed.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Azharbhuiyan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Communications Supplier from VIRGIN MOBILE TELECOMS LTD showing that I have £148 due and default account. But I raise a complaint against it by cedr.modria.com and virgin acknowledged that they made mistake and they will remove two defaults from my credit file.

The below response came from virgin while modria waiting for a response from virgin.

12:21:29
Virgin Media (Company)
Completed an Action(Less)
05-03-2021 12:21:29 PM Virgin Media has completed Respond - Event:
The company has given all remedies that the customer has asked for, £148.95 with the following terms:
"Dear Mr [DELETED],

I am a member of the Dispute Resolution Team at Virgin Media, a team separate and independent to the Complaints team.

I would like to apologise that you have felt the need to take your complaint to CISAS. After reviewing your complaint I feel this could have been dealt with in a timelier manner. I sincerely apologise for your recent experience with Virgin Media and the trouble you have gone through in order to address this complaint.

Following an investigation into your case, and in line with your CISAS application, here is confirmation of our proposed resolution;

The outstanding balance of £148.95 to be waived, as a gesture of goodwill. Please allow 2/3 working days for this to be completed.

I can confirm that I have requested the amendment of your credit file. Your reference for this is [DELETED].

Once again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused as a result of your credit file issues and the poor customer service you received in response to your complaint.

I trust this brings the matter to a satisfactory conclusion

Yours sincerely,

Michael

Dispute Resolution Team"
CISAS will now review and the company will then have a period of 20 working days to implement all the remedies, unless
an alternative timeframe has been agreed between the parties.

But why still this default showing under my account.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Azharbhuiyan 

Thank you for coming back to us. 

When did you receive the response from virgin media? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Azharbhuiyan
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Michael from Dispute Resolution Team 05-03-2021 12:21:29 PM has completed Respond 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

If we have confirmed that we will action the credit file amendment it will take up to 30 days for this to be actioned and then wouldn't show up till the credit report after that. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Azharbhuiyan
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

it's more than 30 days now.

Your colleague Michael from Dispute Resolution Team" has requested the amendment of my credit file and this is the reference number (81482_2749) your colleague send us. Please have a look and amend my credit file asap.
0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Azharbhuiyan 

I am so sorry to see you haven't heard back from us yet.

Please can you email us here on creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk with everything you need and your references. Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Azharbhuiyan
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have sent all the relevent documents and information in the above-mentioned email. It's been more than three weeks still haven't heard anything.
0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Azharbhuiyan,

I'm really sorry that you haven't heard back from us yet. Have you checked your spam/junk email folder? These emails can sometimes be miscategorised.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos