cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amend my Credit File

Kate92
Tuning in

Virgin Media has ruined my credit score. I never had any mispayments, I was never late. When I moved away from the country for few months, meaning I left the flat I was renting, I called Virgin Media to close my account and pay any remaining amount (Broadband). A month ago, I checked my Credit Score as I do often and saw it had drastically dropped -487 points because of a Virgin Media default in my file for a remaining amount I was not aware of. They never contacted me via email or phone to let me know about this outstanding amount, or on the phone when I called them to close the account.

Obviously, I would have paid it and I wouldn't let it get on my credit file. I contacted creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk weeks ago only to receive an automated response stating the outstanding amount and that they tried to ring me (?), they never called I even checked my call logs. I emailed them again and I told them I am happy to pay this amount as long as they remove the default from my account but they don't really care to deal with the issue.

12 REPLIES 12

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Kate92 

Thank you for coming back to us, for all information on our complaints prosses including a deadlock letter, you are able to find this here

Kind regards,

Zak_M

So basically Virgin media has been mocking me in my face for 4 months. They send me a resolution/apology basically saying that there is no outstanding amount following by another resolution saying that I have to contact the credit agencies myself to fix the credit score. I did and when the agencies contacted virgin, they told them that the default still stands. Haven't seen a worse customer support. 

Screenshot_20210612-162443_Gmail.jpg

Hi Kate92, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. I'm really sorry you feel that way. 

If the balance was still on the account when the credit agency reported the mistake to us then they would reject any changes as they are unable to resolve balance issues. 

If the balance has now been written off due to a mistake at our end then if you raise a dispute with the credit agency again, this time the team will be able to amend your history with us. 

I hope this makes sense. If not, let me know and we can pass data protection so I can explain in more detail for you 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs