cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amend my Credit File

Kate92
Tuning in

Virgin Media has ruined my credit score. I never had any mispayments, I was never late. When I moved away from the country for few months, meaning I left the flat I was renting, I called Virgin Media to close my account and pay any remaining amount (Broadband). A month ago, I checked my Credit Score as I do often and saw it had drastically dropped -487 points because of a Virgin Media default in my file for a remaining amount I was not aware of. They never contacted me via email or phone to let me know about this outstanding amount, or on the phone when I called them to close the account.

Obviously, I would have paid it and I wouldn't let it get on my credit file. I contacted creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk weeks ago only to receive an automated response stating the outstanding amount and that they tried to ring me (?), they never called I even checked my call logs. I emailed them again and I told them I am happy to pay this amount as long as they remove the default from my account but they don't really care to deal with the issue.

12 REPLIES 12

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Kate92

Really sorry to hear of the account issues and impact on your credit file, we understand how frustrating and confusing this can be and appreciate you taking the time to raise this via our forums. Welcome to the community.

From looking at your account we can see you have called in and spoken to the team since your post, we can see you were advised of the details and passed to the relevant department to discuss this further. We trust everything was covered during these calls.

Rob

Nothing has been solved. The agents pass me from one department to the other and I get no response. If this continues I will have no other option but to take this to the CISAS. I've tried to call, contact you on the live chat, emailed you, waited for days for an answer, and instead, I get ignored for a very serious matter.

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Afternoon @Kate92

Thank you for popping back, I was sorry to understand that your issue is still ongoing after chatting with us. 

I'll can certainly offer general information about how the default would work to make things a bit clearer. 

When a customer leaves us, they are billed during their notice period as normal. These bills should be paid as normal. We are unable to give an exact outstanding amount until the account has fully closed. Once the account has fully closed, a final bill will be posted to the account address (unless forwarding address is given) around 10 days after the account has closed. This bill cannot be email - only posted. This bill will show any outstanding payments owed or if we owe you any funds for services paid for and not used. 

If this bill is not paid by the due date listed, it will show as a valid default on your account and usually the debt is passed to a 3rd party collections team. 

If the customer then chooses to make the payment, this will clear the outstanding amount from the Virgin Media account. The default will remain on the credit file for 6 years but will show as "settled".

Hope that helps clear up the process and where you may stand. If you need further assistance, please do let us know. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

I contacted you in September as well and I was told that it was about the equipment which I had sent back when left the apartment. No matter if this final bill is sent via post you have to send an email or text to the person. Like I said when I emailed the credit amendments department, I am more than happy to pay the amount as long as you remove the default from my credit score. You had my email, my new address and my phone number and I received no bill or an alert.

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Kate92

Final bills are always sent via post - never via email or text. Unless otherwise advised by the account holder, the final bill will be posted to the account address. This is the bill that will advise of any outstanding amount owed to us or vice versa. 

If the final bill is not paid, then it would be a valid default and as such will remain on the credit file for 6 years. If this is paid, the default will remain, but will show as "settled"

If the debt has not been paid, then it cannot be removed from the Credit File and will remain as an active default. 

Thank you

Katie - Forum Team

Like I said, I am happy to pay the bill as long as I get a written proof that the default will be move from my account, otherwise I will take this to the CISAS with all the emails and proof I have from all these months trying to contact you and resolve this.

Hi Kate92

Thanks for your reply. 

If you did wish to get the proof etc looked into you can contact our Consumer Under writing Team 

Pop them a letter or email with the following information:

• Name
  • Account Holders Name
  • Full Address where you had the services
  • A photo or screenshot showing the Virgin error on your credit file
  • Contact details for yourself

They will investigate this and come back to you within 28 days.

The contact options are:

• By post at: Consumer Underwriting, Virgin Media, Eagle Court 3, Coventry Road, Sheldon, Birmingham, B26 3RZ
  • Or via Email: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

Regards 

Gareth_L

Do not get an internal body of a company you are going up against to review your information. What a stupid thing to say 🤣

I don't know if this is a joke or not and I don't know if people at Virgin actually read the emails. I called weeks back regarding my case Complaint reference: C-0604212185 

I told the lady that I DO NOT agree with the resolution as I'd like the default to be removed from my file as well and she ensured me that she wrote down that I DO NOT agree with what you offered, which basically was an automated response asking me to pay an amount I had no idea about, without removing the default from my file. This morning I received ANOTHER automated message saying '' We haven’t heard back from you. We also tried to ring you but couldn't get through. Since it's been over 28 days since we wrote to you, we've assumed you agree with our resolution and closed your complaint. '' 

Virgin is a joke of a company that couldn't give a damn for its customers.

I emailed you FOUR times only to receive automated responses months after my email. At this point, I'd like to take the matter further to the authorities so please email me whatever paperwork (deadlock) I need to proceed with the CISAS.