cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding mobile number to my account

Kidunne
On our wavelength

I have just got a new sim only deal with virgin media. I'm trying to add this to my account but receive the message I can only add a payg number.

There are 2 other mobile accounts on there which I believe are old accounts from over 9 years ago. There is no information available on these accounts when I click on them.

How can I remove them and add my current mobile account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Kidunne,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues trying to add your current mobile account to your 'My Virgin Media' account. 

We would need to look further into this for you with our support team and would need to confirm a few details via private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Very hard to add a PAYG number seeing PAYG is shut down. 🤔

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Kidunne,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues trying to add your current mobile account to your 'My Virgin Media' account. 

We would need to look further into this for you with our support team and would need to confirm a few details via private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Kidunne
On our wavelength

That's what it says on the page. I only have a contract phone so I had no idea payg shut down.

If you're able to provide the information that I have asked for in my private message, we can get this raised with our support team.

I will also pass on the feedback about the error message with PAYG being shown on the account pages.

Regards,

Steven_L

Kidunne
On our wavelength

I've replied to your PM

Thanks for confirming your details @Kidunne. I'm looking into this now for you and will respond as soon as I can.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming all of your details via private message @Kidunne.

I have raised this with our online support team and I will be in touch with you once, I have any further updates.

Regards,

Steven_L

Kidunne
On our wavelength

Is there any update on this?

Thanks for coming back to us @Kidunne, I haven't got any updates as of yet from the support team but I will chase and escalate this for you now.

Once I have an update, I will be back in touch with you.

Until this has been resolved, are you able to manage your account via the Virgin Mobile online account site, you can find that here.

Regards,

Steven_L