Menu
Lyndacmorgan
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Account resurrected after 6 years by virgin mobile now demanding money and trashing my credit rating

• Help!  I have been unable to speak to anyone with an ounce of common sense or any willingness to resolve this issue.  Six years ago (yes 6 years!) I cancelled a virgin mobile contract having completed the contracted term.  Despite this virgin took a further two months of DD fees from my account.  When challenged the reason was that although I had been given a pac code which I’m sure was activated, I had not called again to confirm that the contract was cancelled, despite no one telling me I specifically had to do this.  The records were checked and as it was clear there had been no activity virgin agreed to refund one of the payments, needless to say that never happened and I simply forgot about it.  We have been virgin customers for nearly 20 years and just renewed our media again on the ultimate oomph package which comes with a free virgin mobile SIM, and now the trouble starts.  I notice out of the blue I  have multiple missed payments to virgin media on my credit score and owe apparently £46, I call to get this corrected, guy says yes sure and we think it’s all sorted.  But no, I then get a call from the credit department saying I owe £46 and they can waive it but I still have to pay £21 which I owe, yes you guessed it from 2005, you simply couldn’t make it up.  No letters, no phone calls, no chasing for payment just the fact that a dormant account that clearly was never cleared down correctly all those years ago has just been reactivated and a ridiculous dogmatic incoherent demand for money, never mind the fact that actually you owe me!  As I refuse to pay I’m then transferred to customer service who demand the mobile number in question, I have no idea, this is 6 years ago, they can’t find my records even though we have been with virgin for 20 years, then they just put the phone down.  You have trashed my credit rating, you owe me money, it is impossible to talk to anyone, we have been very loyal customers and this level of service is quite simply appalling.... can someone please contact me to resolve
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account resurrected after 6 years by virgin mobile now demanding money and trashing my credit...

Hi Lyndacmorgan,

Welcome to the Community Forums - thank you for taking the time to post here.

I'm very sorry for our delayed response and to hear there's been a billing issue with one of your former mobile accounts. It's really disappointing to hear that you haven't been able to get help with this so far.

We are keen to get to the bottom of this for you. I've popped you over a PM so I can take some further accounts details and take a look from there.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos