cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account fraudulently opened in my name still open over a year after making you aware.

Crazycat15
Joining in

Someone had opened a virgin media account in my name at an address I have never lived at back in 2017 I have phoned your team since then and was promised this would be taken care of… surprise surprise it has not and it is now showing on my credit report as in arrears so it appears whoever these scumbags are they’ve decided to stop paying. 

I want someone to take this seriously and I want this account and matter closed plain and simple. 

1 REPLY 1

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Crazycat15 👋 welcome to community, thank you for posting!
So sorry to hear about this situation and your experience with us. We will need to send you a PM to confirm a few details so we can look into this further and get things sorted. 

Regarding the credit file side of things, you can also log a dispute directly with the credit reference agencies, Equifax or Experian. This makes it easier for the credit file amendment team too as all of the information is visible to them. You can also contact our credit file amendments team directly by sending an email to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk - I will offer further support with this myself after confirming a few details via PM. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page, in your Inbox. 

Thank you for your patience whilst we get things sorted! 🌞 We can return to this public thread with another update when possible. 

Wishing you all the best. 

Molly