On our wavelength

why does VM think it is OK to keep you on hold for over a hour

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, sick-as.
Thanks for your reply and for sharing more, although we're sorry to hear you feel this way.

We'd love to best support you, this is very important information as we do have an accessibility policy in place as seen here in the event you're experiencing difficulties and barriers in contacting our team.

We can assist with providing alternative ways to reach out to us (e.g. Relay UK) when you need our help, offer priority tech support and tailor our services to your needs.
Please make sure you read the above page for more on how to register this on our records and what special services you can benefit from.
We can help with this update on your account and offer our advice over this forum too if you need us to. 🙂

About our staff efficiency, as my colleague advised previously all our agents are trained in the same level and have the ability to assist you with a package changes over our support channels (unfortunately we do not support package changes on the forum).
If you have access online, you may also browse and view our deals and offers available to you here and opt for a new contract without speaking to our call centres, should you prefer.

Lastly, if you're still not happy and wish to leave us you can view more on how to cancel here.
We'd be gutted to see you go, however we ought to advise this and that you'll find all you need to know about cancelling your services on this link.

We do hope this info helps, if there's anything more we can do for you please let us know and we'll do out best to assist you further.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @sick-as 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you have faced issues reaching us, we are very busy but we are doing all we can to speak to everyone in the queues. 

Can I ask what you are reaching out in regards to? I'd love to help here if I can.

18 months ago I was given an offer for being a long term customer by retentions that offer runs out this month, I was told at the time to get back in touch with retentions the month my offer ended and that I would receive a loyalty bonus again however due to not being able to speak to any UK call centre last month I cancelled both my mobile deals and am now trying to get a new deal on my broadband/phone but I think it would be easier to get a face to face with Lucifer himself. regards.

Hi @sick-as thanks for your reply here.

We do appreciate that the wait time is frustrating and we are really sorry for this, but please do remain patient and the team will get to you ASAP.

In terms of location, we have both overseas and UK call agents but all are trained equally, regardless of location.

Kindly continue to reach out to the team and they can resolve your query with a suitable package for you.

Many thanks

Tom_W

sick-as
On our wavelength

Thanks for your comments but some people due to medical or health reasons can't hold on a phone for over a hour and still not get an answer and if I ever manage to get a response being almost deaf I have great difficulty hearing the person and if they are not speaking in a clear precise known accent I will not be able to hear them. I do not intend paying double for my broadband when my current contract ends next week so as I had to do with my virgin mobile accounts last month I will be on the comparison sites again. 

So can anybody tell me how and when the best time to call and speak to a person from retentions in the UK might be.

Regards.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, sick-as.
Thanks for your reply and for sharing more, although we're sorry to hear you feel this way.

We'd love to best support you, this is very important information as we do have an accessibility policy in place as seen here in the event you're experiencing difficulties and barriers in contacting our team.

We can assist with providing alternative ways to reach out to us (e.g. Relay UK) when you need our help, offer priority tech support and tailor our services to your needs.
Please make sure you read the above page for more on how to register this on our records and what special services you can benefit from.
We can help with this update on your account and offer our advice over this forum too if you need us to. 🙂

About our staff efficiency, as my colleague advised previously all our agents are trained in the same level and have the ability to assist you with a package changes over our support channels (unfortunately we do not support package changes on the forum).
If you have access online, you may also browse and view our deals and offers available to you here and opt for a new contract without speaking to our call centres, should you prefer.

Lastly, if you're still not happy and wish to leave us you can view more on how to cancel here.
We'd be gutted to see you go, however we ought to advise this and that you'll find all you need to know about cancelling your services on this link.

We do hope this info helps, if there's anything more we can do for you please let us know and we'll do out best to assist you further.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs