cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

you can`t use that password

tahir786
Joining in

Hello,

I have recently opted in for virgin media services and was trying to register my virgin media account online since the last 4 days. It`s absolutely a nightmare and extremely frustrating that i have been encountering with same error over and over again. "you can`t use that password"!!!!

I have tried over 50 combinations of passwords in addition, tried on my laptop, mobile and also reset my browser cookies but nothing seems to make it work!!!

I have tried contacting the virgin media helpline and for the last 3 times my call has been disconnected by the staff members when they cant solve issue.

14 REPLIES 14

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tahir786, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂
I am so sorry to hear you are having issues with registering with us. I can see you have been in touch with your team since your post, did they raise this to our IT team? 
Zoie

I was told to wait for 24 hours before re trying the whole process. it`s been 24 hours and i still cannot create an online account. "you can`t use that password" is keep appearing.

In this case, I have sent you a private message @tahir786.

Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I'm experiencing the same issue. See below (not my real password)

Screenshot 2022-10-01 at 07.42.27.pngScreenshot 2022-10-01 at 07.42.35.png

Please contact me so I can create an account, this is extremely frustrating and a terrible customer onboarding experience. I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I have been contemplating leaving Virgin Media entirely because of how bloody difficult it's been to even reach someone to resolve this sort of issue. 

Hi @jbal90 thanks for your post, although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect this to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi,

I am also experiencing this issue. I have been in contact 4 times, twice through the phone, three times through whatsapp, and I haven't had a resolution.

Please can you contact me with account details so I can access my account.

Thank you,

Adam

Hey agibank, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry you are struggling to make an online account.

Please can you walk me through what is happening?

Are you getting any issues when you are putting a password in or have you not the details you need to set an online account up? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

My issue is the same as that mentioned in this thread.

No matter what password I put in, it says 'you can't use that password, please choose another'.

I have tried on multiple browsers and devices. I have tried many different passwords, with and without numbers and special characters.

I always receive the same message.

(Edit: I am a new customer and the issue occurs when I try to register for myvirginmedia, so I am unable to manage my account.)

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @agilbank,

Thanks for providing those details. I'm sorry to hear the issues are still ongoing. To clarify, have you tried registering directly through our My Virgin Media app? You can find more details on how to download this here.

Cheers

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ