Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

wrong plan

Hello, we are in student housing. We were referred by friends and got the £50 referral and wanted the specifically for students, no activation fee just rolling contract so it would be flexible but they gave us 12 month contract.   First we were given the wrong plan and an activation fee when it was meant to be free. Then they sent the contract details to the wrong email so we couldn't sort it out. Then we still have problems with wifi cutting off during exams 😞 super disappointed. I called and they were like you only have to pay a ONE-OFF early dissociation fee to end contract when uni finishes in june but i look online and it is monthly. I refuse to use virgin media unless this issue is resolved. I have gone back and forth trying to sort this issues.

WHAT WE WANTED:

M200
Fibre Broadband (student)

£40 a month

Now with no extra fees, saving £80!
30 day rolling contract

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: wrong plan

Hi thurica,

thank you for your post :
I am sorry to hear this, we do not do 30-day rolling contracts. When you sign up for a 12-month contract and at the end of that contract you will be put on a rolling contract.

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi thurica,

thank you for your post :
I am sorry to hear this, we do not do 30-day rolling contracts. When you sign up for a 12-month contract and at the end of that contract you will be put on a rolling contract.

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

we only needed the wifi for 8 months as we live in student housing. They literally didn't tell us our plan due to them spelling our email wrong so we couldn't see the online stuff. I tried calling and changing it and this guy said that you only pay a ONE-off early disconnection but would not give that in written form. We just want this sorted out, it is giving us too much stress.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We cannot process disconnections from here, I cannot change your contact, did you not receive your contract? I can check to see if it was received and signed for you?

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos