cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

with upcoming contract changes can we terminate our contracts without exit fees?

aigroti
Joining in

With upcoming contract changes in November where Virgin can increase fees when they like during a contract without allowing you to exit are we allowed to exit our current contracts due to this change without issue?

8 REPLIES 8

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @aigroti,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

As you have received the email it would state if any active Right to cancel periods will be put in effect for you, with this however there is no right to cancel period for this change in our T&C's.

Joe

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @aigroti,

Wanted to com back and say I have recently been made aware it will say on your letter if you have eligibility to cancel your contract now due to these changes, it would be best to consult your letter.

Joe

trauma631
Joining in

I received letter stating I could cancel contract with no exit fees up until 31/10/2023, as did my parents but spent 45 mins on phone waiting to speak to someone to cancel and was then cut off. Would be good to know if there is a way to cancel without speaking to anyone.

P.S. tried the online chat earlier and it had a 72minute wait, service from Virgin really is deplorable, used to be good.

Do please let Ofcom know all about your cancellation experience with VM https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult...

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Hey trauma631, thank you for reaching out.

If you wish to give your 30 days’ notice you can do it  by just sending a WhatsApp with a description of the cancellation to +447305 327 112 or you can send a letter to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA.

If you don't wish to speak to anyone the letter would be the best option, but I would make sure to send this recorded or signed for. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Can we just have the new company contact Virgin to inform we are changing to them?

Thanks, have completed the form.

mitch84
Fibre optic

Hi

Is everyone receiving these letters about the upcoming changes?

I renewed contract around June/July I think.