Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

when away from home i cant login into my virgin media account /email

when im not on my home virgin media network , eg away from home using tesco broadband virgin medi wnt allow me to access my email on phone , or login into my virgin media account on a laptop even thoughall my passwords etc work at home and are correct any ideas ,

not sure where to post this so admin please move if im in wrong area thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: when away from home i cant login into my virgin media account /email

Hi,

Double check the settings on your phone, if they aren't sent to allow mobile data on email then you wont get them through. have you ever thought about moving your number to Virgin Mobile? you get a discount as you are a broadband customer.

Send me a PM if you want more info.

To PM just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: when away from home i cant login into my virgin media account /or send email on laptop or phone

thanks for reply , phone is all setup correct  in the sense that i can recieve over ntl  but not send emails , thats when i thought i will login into my account but it says details are in correct their not !  it seems virgin have blocked access unless its from their network ! as my laptop is on Kcom network and my phone is on tesco mobile network both can recieve email on both laptop and phone ...neither can send an email just get failed to send its an ntlworld  account , i have tried the smtp.virginmedia.com port 465 etc sttings that doesnt work , but that wouldn t explian why i cant just login into my virgin account from a laptop so this feels more like a virgin deliberate block ! unless using their network

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: when away from home i cant login into my virgin media account /or send email on laptop or phone

Consider using one of the email clients suggested here Outgoing Authentication Issues? - Check Email Logs to obtain the VM error code needed to help troubleshoot this issue.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

this is the error message for outgoing failure of my ntlworld account

An unknown error was returned from the SMTP server.

Subject ''
Server Error: 453
Server Response: 453 5.7.0 A Subject must be specified from this location (VM606) OLxXjD0pBXY6DOLxXjmiAZ
Server: 'smtp.virginmedia.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC61
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 465
Secure(SSL): Yes

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The error VM606 indicates that the message Subject value cannot be empty, make sure to enter a Subject value and try again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

it has test in subject line still fails

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Does the same error occur if you send the message to yourself?

0 Kudos