Menu
huggybear518
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

want to leave

Price up £3.50 again for broadband , how easy is it to leave them ?

0 Kudos
sophist
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: want to leave

Per the email you received about the price hike...

We hope you’ll carry on enjoying your services with us. But if you want to, you can change or cancel your package at any time before 11/02/2021, without paying any cancellation fees. Visit virginmedia.com/pricechange1 to find out more.

0 Kudos
huggybear518
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

cheers i`ll try BT

Helitron
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@sophist wrote:

Per the email you received about the price hike...

We hope you’ll carry on enjoying your services with us. But if you want to, you can change or cancel your package at any time before 11/02/2021, without paying any cancellation fees. Visit virginmedia.com/pricechange1 to find out more.

Yeah, which means we have to call them, which is currently close to impossible in a humane timeframe (been on hold for almost two hours now, absolutely insane).

0 Kudos
bigdee11uk
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No e-mail reminder. Received bill. No reply from VM. Leaving for a contract with 3 at a third of the price. Nice way to treat people who've been customers for over 20 years.

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi huggybear518,

Thank you for reaching out with your question regarding our price rise. We'd be happy to advise further.

As others have stated, you can give us a call on 150 / 03454541111 to request a disconnection with 30 days' notice if you are affected by this price rise. If you'd rather not call in or are having trouble getting through on the phone, you can text us instead on 07533051809.

Responses may not be immediate, but the team are available 7am-11pm Monday-Friday and 8am-8pm Saturday & Sunday. Messaging interactions would normally begin with our chat bot to clear security and confirm the nature of your query, you would then be put through to an agent who would respond as soon as they're able.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
DonnyDriver
Up to speed
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Got more chance of contacting Elvis Presley at the moment than VM.

I'm on day 5 of trying to talk to somebody.

eddie00001
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Not looking good for me trying then. When I called, I just got a recorded message stating that they were busy and it disconnected. One way I guess to stop people leaving if you can't get through to anyone.
0 Kudos
Robbie5
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Dear Virgin Media,

I have been trying to communicate with you for the last 2 months but to no avail.

I have phoned you several times but have been kept hanging on the phone each time for over an hour and in the end have had to put the phone down.

I have emailed you on a number of times only for you to respond some weeks later to say an engineer has tried to phone me with no response and you assume the matter is closed. That is terrible customer service.

He phoned my home number both times which is not connected, why did he not phone my mobile number where he could leave a message or contact me by email.

My problem for the last 2 months is that foxes or badgers have chewed on the cable running round to the back of my bungalow and has caused intermittent broadband and bad television reception. The only light showing on the router is the power light.

Please let me know the date from when you will disconnect me from Virgin. You do have my mobile number, if I don't answer please leave a message so as to call back if required. (Am not willing to hang on the phone when I call back)

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello Robbie5

Sorry to hear this 

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos