Menu
septicsam
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

virgin media miss selling

has anyone else had this problem during this difficult period in our lifetime COVID 19

Hi  i have been trying to upgrade my package with virgin media since December 28th 2020

i using the sales website for egsisting customers upgraded my package and after many messaging none of the teams could help me so i tried to upgrade my package again ,i was sent a confirmation email on both occasions with the ORDER NUMBERS  but after finally managing to speak to a member of the retention team after hours on-the telephone i managed to speak to a woman.

she stated their where no outstanding upgrade orders on my account ,i had to barter for  an upgrade as my package was due to loose a loyalty deduction .

in desperation i have written hard copy   with all emails and order numbers to complaints department Sunderland ,i have to pay a lot more for my package than i was offered ,i have never been treated by virgin media in this fashion they have always been keen to keep customers and their customer service was excellent  .

i am waiting the 28 days for a resolution and might have to escalate .

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: virgin media miss selling

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to us at the Community Forums, septicsam,

Sorry to hear that you have had this experience. Have you been able to get this sorted or received an updates since your post? Regrettably we aren't able to process sales/upgrades or cancellation from the Community Forums, this would require speaking one of our dedicated Retentions Team members, who can be reached:

by phone: 0345 454 1111

by webchat : https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus/accounts-and-billing

by SMS: 07533051809

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
septicsam
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

complaint ref C-1401213974

Hi Corey _C        Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post ,unfortunately no help or answer is available i am at  waiting for the 28 days to expire to move to the next stage virgin said someone would pick up my case but after the 28days i will write again to Sunderland and move to the next stage ,i have tried web chat its a joke ,trying to phone is a complete waist of time .

In all my years with virgin  i never have experienced this level of customer service ,the phone lines ether cut you off ,are engaged ,or you wait so long the batteries fail in my phone .I know we have call centers closed but its not good enough to treat loyal  like this ? you cannot email a person or team member i have spent hours trying to speak to some one who can help .

I am supposed to speak to a Manager or case handler but no one calls back ,so i will have to wait probably the 8 weeks then move to the regulator for a decision and all the time my bills are going to be £864  p/a   instead of £624  /pa   for the same package i was offered twice and i have the order numbers and screen email prints.

I cannot speak  to a retention team person or  manager using the systems that's why i have had to send snail mail hard copy to Sunderland  if you can advise or offer any more help with my case i would be extreemley grateful

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @septicsam thanks for posting.

I am really sorry to hear that there's confusion regarding your price.  I would like to take a closer look. To enable me to do so I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen, 

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos