Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

vip contract renewal

my VIP bundle ends soon - currently £95 pm new price is £120 which is 26% increase. Who can I talk to to continue at present rate or what good deals out there

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: vip contract renewal

try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 8am until 9pm but calling early between 08.00-11.00am is best, when you will usually get a UK call centre who’s staff are more informed and helpful and can sort you the best package.

Good luck - recent reports say they are not being that receptive to threats of leaving for cheaper deals 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you are prepared to take a chance, then the best deal will be made AFTER you have given a month's notice of termination of the contract, when the Customer Retention team attempt to win-back customers who are leaving through outbound telephony.  In that situation some people have been made offers very close to the new customer pricing. But as jbrennand says, we believe that VM are playing hard ball at the moment on pricing, so there's no guarantees.

Also, you have to think how you would proceed if that win-back call didn't materalise, or the win-back offer was poor?  If you're organised you could phone up a couple of days before the service is cancelled and say you've changed your mind, but that might then mean accepting the £120 deal.  Or, you could take your business elsewhere.   If you're "cliff-edging" in this way, give thought to the possibility that your landline number might not get ported across.

The other thing is to consider what parts of the VIP bundle you'd drop?  It is so comprehensive I can't believe many customers use every component.  But what about phoning retentions, seeing what the best deal is for a like-for-like renewal, and if you don't like that price, asking what includes the minimum channel package you want, an M200 speed, Talk evening & weekends?  And before you phone them, know what Sky and BT's new customer offers are, that always helps.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My original contract VIP contract (£94pm) expired last September. The series of discounts I was offered at the time were due to expire later this month and the price would then go to £124 pm.

That was too much for me so I rang and spoke to Retentions ( in India) last week. I was offered 200 mb broadband (down from 350mb) plus the removal of Sky Cinema and Kids channels for £108 pm with no contract. I said I would think about it.

I phoned Retentions again today. Again India. I was offered £106 pm for same broadband and the removal of Cinema and the Kids channels with no contract. I accepted that but when the lady in India put in the various codes for the contract it came to £133.75 pm. I declined and told her I wanted to give one month’s notice of ending the contract.

At this point the lady in India said she would put me through to “Client Relations”. I immediately got an English voice. Within 30 seconds I was offered a price of £94 pm for the same VIP bundle that I had with a 12 month contract. That is exactly the same price I accepted 18 months ago. I agreed and the contract arrived by email a few minutes ago.

What I have learned:

- it looks like Retentions is based in India now

- be nice to those speaking to you from India. They may be poorly trained and have no authority but they are doing their best.

- see if you can persuade those in India to transfer you to the “Client Relations” department. These are the people in the U.K. with the power to offer you a good deal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks you for the update sjholland, disappointing it took this long and these steps to get the result you wanted but we're glad this was achieved.

If you need us again in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@sjholland wrote:

- it looks like Retentions is based in India now

- be nice to those speaking to you from India. They may be poorly trained and have no authority but they are doing their best.

- see if you can persuade those in India to transfer you to the “Client Relations” department. These are the people in the U.K. with the power to offer you a good deal.

Don't think its exactly that way.  I believe the offshore call centre is the VM "first line of defence".  They are empowered to negotiate a new deal with customers - but they are limited in scope - as you discovered.  When you insist on "leaving" they have to transfer you to the UK based retentions centre who are the only ones empowered to make offers to get you you stay.  And as you discovered, when you get there they usually offer you the best deal.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos