cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade

cbut
Tuning in

Hi, 

Could anyone tell me why the upgrade page on myvirginmedia only ever offers me to speak to an agent now and doesn't show me any available options?

Thanks 

11 REPLIES 11

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cbut 

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your query.

You may find the following link useful regarding online offers for upgrades https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/existing-customer-deals Alternatively you can call our team on 0345 454 1111 who can best advise on package deals and discounts.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@cbut wrote:

Hi, 

Could anyone tell me why the upgrade page on myvirginmedia only ever offers me to speak to an agent now and doesn't show me any available options?

Thanks 

You are already a VM customer so VM wants you to engage with a sales agent who will try to upsell you a bigger/better/more expensive package than one you might choose to pick from a list of upgrade options online.

Cardiffman282
Super solver

More than I get which is an Ooops and a navigation to https://care.virginmedia.com/care/error/xsus?u_journey=90015&p_tier=EX_2233B3

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Hi @Cardiffman282, sorry to hear you are experiencing this with our website. How long have you been getting this error page? Are you accessing this via this link? https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/existing-customer-deals ^AA

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

That’s probably it. I used to get the list of different packages with pretty good offers but it’s since disappeared and now always refers me to online chat

Thanks for coming back to me Akua. I have had the issue for weeks across all browsers and devices.

I just tried your link and still get the ubiquitous Ooops and a navigation to https://care.virginmedia.com/care/error/xsus?u_journey=90015&p_tier=EX_2233B3

I'm not sure why as it seems others can get the page to work okay. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Hi Cardiffman282,

Thank you for reaching back out, the error you are getting can happen when you are on a special deal and nothing is available, I get the same while checking, have you tried speak to our Customer Relations team to see what offers are available?

Regards

Paul.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @cbut 

Looking at some of your previous posts it seems that you are currently on a Stream package where the TV is delivered over the internet. 

That may be one of the reasons why there are no available offers as that box can't be used in conjunction with any other VM TV packages or set top boxes. The Stream package is also limited to one box per household.. 

VM would need to cancel your Stream subscription in order to set you up with a TV360 set top box and one of the other tariffs, so I suggest calling and speaking to retentions (thinking of leaving) so they caan cancel your Stream subscription and move you across to the 360 platform. 

There are though various add ons available on the Stream set top box if you are just wanting access to additional channels or apps.. https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/tv/streaming/journey 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Cardiffman282 

I often get that and similair errors depending upon the browser I'm using. I see you've tried different browsers. 

I know it's probably like teaching a granny to suck eggs (no offence meant as you are very knowledgable and have probably tried all permutations) but have you tried using an incognito window in the various browsers instead?

On a side note I always get the Live Chat pop up on the page @Akua_A suggested.

I've always had the /customer-exclusion page which invites me to chat when trying to upgrade/regrade and as per @Paul_DN  in the past it's been because either I am on a special deal and nothing is available, or I'm still in contract, or my current package is now obsolete.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali