cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade to volt

Notascoobie
Joining in

Hi all. I was having wifi issues in 2 of the rooms in my home. I was on the M250 BB package. After speaking to someone on chat yesterday, my options were 1) pay £8/month for wifi pods, or 2) upgrade to Volt, have my BB speed upgraded to the next level(350Mb/s) and receive a O2 sim card. all of this would cost me an extra £5/month, so as my wife pays £5/month for her SIM with smarty, I figured this was a no brainer as she could cancel the smarty sim and use the o2 sim and we'd be getting all the benefits at no overall cost increase. Currently pay £32.50/month for the M250, and told the Volt M350 would be £37.50/month. So far so good, upgrade agreed and the new speeds applied almost immediately. However later on yesterday I got an email from Virgin outlining the changes I'd made and telling me my new costs. Month 1 £70.42, and £50/month thereafter. Not at all what was agreed in the chat. I've now spent a good chunk of yesterday and today trying to get some sort of answers, but getting pased around different agents with the inevitable wait between conversations and having to repeat myself over and over. Very unimpressed, wish I'd stayed with Sky! And now to add insult to injury, I find out O2 are billing me separately for the SIM, so thats anothe £5/month! Grrr....

7 REPLIES 7

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Notascoobie.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with the price advised and the actual price you have received.

Asa rule we are unable to deal with package issues on our Community.

However Its a concern that you have raised and I would like to see what we can do to get this resolved.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Notascoobie.

Thanks for the private message.

Glad to know you have been able to sort the package out.

But should you need anything else, Please pop back on here.

Gareth_L

Notascoobie
Joining in

Well it seems I jumped the gun when I said I had this sorted out. Got my latest bill from VM and not unsurprisingly, its wrong. I am flabergasted at the incompetence of the VM billing team and Whatsapp chat agents. #Gareth_L, could you get back in touch with me please to try and sort this out once and for all. I am VERY close to terminating this deal with VM due to their inability to sort out my billing issues.

We are so sorry to hear that this has happened @Notascoobie 

Please do pop a PM over to Gareth and he will be happy to take a look into this for you.

Lizsop
Joining in

I have EXACTLY the same issue. I’ve spent over 8 hours texting the same info over and over. I keep being reassured it’s fixed, but no. My first bill was three times what it should have been.  O2 managed to get their part right though.  I can actually speak to a real person to get this sorted once and for all? Ive in effect paid three months upfront now

Notascoobie
Joining in

Many thanks to #Ashleigh_ for sorting this for me.

Hi again @Notascoobie 

Thank you for speaking with me via the PM and I am so glad this has been resolved for you. 

If you do face any issues in the future that you need help with please do pop back to the forums and we will do all we can to assist.