Menu
joekeech
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

unused virgin media cable cut while building driveway

Hello, I am not a virgin media customer but I have recently moved into a house with an old virgin cable connection, when installing a driveway the cable has been dug up and cut through by mistake, can you please tell me if this causes a health and safety risk? I am happy to bury the cut cable if not, but if it is a risk can you send a engineer to remove it properly?

to clarify I have already spoken to a virgin media technician via your customer services phone number, the technician told me there was nothing he could do, couldn't put me through to anyone else or provide me with any useful information.

I then spoke to you via your online chat service - no help whatsoever, end result was a suggestion to either phone the customer services number (which I have already done and was told there was nothing they could do) or use the online help which is how i contacted him in the first place.

your text message service also seems the be the exact same as your online chat.

I have been informed that the cable is your property, all I need to know is if its safe to either leave or cut and discard it myself or do I need an engineer to to come out and remove it?

I strongly feel that if I intended to start a virgin media plan that I would get a much quicker response?

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: unused virgin media cable cut while building driveway

no risk

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there,

it is safe to bury it, there is no safety concern. If it causes us an issue we will simply disconnect it at the other end.
Having said that i would advise that if you are considering VM as a service provider i would join now and have it replaced before you complete the driveway. I doubt digging up a new drive would appeal to you in the future.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

the problem is VM will not repair it if the op is not a customer or is not signing up right now 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
joekeech
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you

0 Kudos
joekeech
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you,

this forum is 100% the only way I’ve received any kind of answer in the last 5 hours

very grateful  

0 Kudos