Menu
monev
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

unable to register my Virgin media account

Hi,

I am unable to register my virgin media account, every time I try to register I get an error message saying that 'there is a technical problem and my account could not be registered please try again later.'

I have called technical support, live chat with customer service everyday for the past week and they have all said try again in a few days it will work or i will let you know if there is any problem but it has been a week now and nothing has been sorted and i have had no call back.

I have a read in some forums that in order to set up a virgin media account I must have a virgin media email address which i don't obviously have. What is the best way to do this? As apparently when i spoke to customer service before they said they have registered my account for me but:

1. i haven't had any confirmation email to say an account has been registered like with any other account you register.

2. people i have spoke to after this person have still said i need to register and they will do it for me but then have troubles doing it - so did that person who 'registered' my account pulling my leg or has it actually been done?

just not sure what to do to be honest.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: unable to register my Virgin media account

Hi @monev,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you're having some problems when trying to register for an online account. Can you confirm when your services were installed and activated?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
monev
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Zach_R,

My services were installed on the 14th May and I assume everything is activated since I am able to use my internet.

Vince

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @monev,

Thank you for the prompt response with this and for the additional details.

What device and browser are you using? Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies yet? If not, please give this a try and let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
monev
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Zach_R,

I have tried on 2 different laptops, i have tried on my phone. I have tried clearing cache and cookies as previous people have told me, i have used google chrome, microsoft edge and nothing has worked.

Vince.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @monev,

Can you please check our Service Status page to see if there are any known faults reported there regarding this matter?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos
monev
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Zach_R,

I have done this before and it was fine, checked again now and it is still fine.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @monev,

Thank you for checking that and confirming.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can acquire some additional details from you. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos