Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

unable to register for my virgin media

I've been unable to register for My Virgin Media for nearly two months. The Virgin tech team as of late have not been helpful, but have raised a ticket internally but aren't communicating anything with me despite sending me multiple notifications emails about updates to my online account (web safe settings, online billing, etc) however, I'm still not able to log into the account through any method available to me.

When I go to register, the page simply refreshes wiping the information. When I go to recover a password or username as prompted by customer service, I get an error saying my account doesn't exist or can't be found. I must have an account — I'm being asked to pay for things. I've tried to use quick pay to at least pay what I owe however I also get an error there saying my account can't be found. 

I'm thinking that this all stems from the account transfer into my name from the previous account owner, however, if there enough information and details about me on the account to send me bills then there should be enough for me to be able to log into the account and pay them. 

I honestly just am trying to pay bills, however, I don't want to pay into an account that can't even be confirmed to be under my name or something that I'm able to access. Customer service is incredibly unhelpful and technology services aren't able to help (yet) and slightly feel like I'm just shouting into the void here, but does anyone have any ideas of what this could be? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: unable to register for my virgin media

Hi jm098765, thanks for contacting us regarding this. Can you try to register now and see if you are getting the same issue. ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

Yes — just tried and still am having the same issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for trying again jm098765, do you get any error messages when trying to set up the email? Can you confirm which device you're trying to set it up on? 

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I'm using a laptop and Google Chrome to try and set it up.

Not sure what you're referring to when you say "setting up the email" — when I go to register my account on My Virgin Media, it only asks for my last name, account number and area reference. 

If I try to sign in with the email address and password I'd sent in through the account transfer paperwork, it says I've entered the wrong username and password. If I select "Forgot Password" and enter my email through that form, it sends an error saying they're unable to find my username. If I go to "Forgot Username", enter my last name, account number and area reference, it sends an error saying unable to find my username. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for clarifying. Please let us take a look from here to see what we can do to help. I'll send a PM shortly to confirm a few details & hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi jm098765,

We have tried to register you and we are also having issues, I have logged an I.T ticket the reference is P009828791. As soon as we have an update we will let you know.

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie, 

Thanks — do you have any idea of how long this will take? My broadband has now been suspended due to me being unable to make a payment through the online account portal / not being able to ensure my account information is correct. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi jm098765,

Thanks for getting back to us, this depends on I.T's workload it normally takes 48 hours.

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie,

Thanks — is there someone I can speak to about my service being suspended? It doesn't seem right for my service to be cut-off due to a technical issue that has been mishandled by the IT team. I spoke with customer service again over a week ago about these issues and discussed for a note to be put on my account detailing that until the issue is sorted my service wouldn't be suspended and I would not accrue additional late payments. 

0 Kudos