cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tv change?

kmh
Joining in

I have just seen latest bill and apparently I have changed my package?  I haven't but it would appear that virgin has.

Was tv (m) now mixit.

I cannot see that there is any difference in price or channels BUT does this mean that I now have a new 18mth contract?

Tried to access my contract but not available. Coincident?

Probably not but if Virgin hike the prices again in April and I say Enough! will they try a mid-contract charge?? 

Is this a underhand way of tying me into them??

No point ringing them life is too short. Anyone else had this issue?

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @kmh 

The M tier has been obsolete for a good while now.  VM periodically tidy up accounts and move customers on obsolete tiers to the nearest corresponding tier without re-contracting them, so no, you won't be on a new 18 month contract.

The fact that your contract is unavailable when you try to access it, plus you being on the 'm tier' before VM migrated you to the mixit tier suggests you are out of contract and probably paying full price rather than having a discounted package. Perhaps a good time to negotiate a new deal?

I suggest that you contact retentions (thinking of leaving) and see what price you can negotiate. They are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents.

Hopefully you can then negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract. 

The quickest contact method though is by calling either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

You can also contact the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but phone calls take priority and this method can take 4 to 6 hours. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello kmh.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you about the changes on your latest bill.

I could take a guess it is to do with our new bundles and discounts.

Some discounts have a time span and instead of your incurring extra charges, They get replaced with the same price discount but under a different name.

If this does happen than any contracts remain unchanged.
I can check this for you, t put your mind at rest.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L